Are you having eye problems too?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

First I want to say how happy I am to have found this wonderful group of people. It is so good not to feel so alone.
    Now that I have CFIDS/Fibro, I find that my eyes seem to get tired moving left and right, and so I can only read for a few minutes. Also, I can only paint for a short time, because my vision blurrs and once that has happened, it takes hours before it is in focus again.
    Also, when I bend over, I loose focus in my eyes and one of them feels really uncomfortable, like it is falling forward.
    Does anyone else experience this? My opthomologist just ignored me when I asked him.
    Thank you for any comments. Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2003]
  2. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

when I asked him why my eyes sometimes feel as if they are crossing as my vision blurs, then triples (one on top of the other), leading to a blackout of some sort. Other doctors have suggested that the muscles that hold my eyeballs are weakening at those times (with FM, that sounds logical). But that doesn't explain blacking out (not "passing out").

I don't have trouble moving my eyes but my vision will blur while reading, sometimes quite soon after starting. I also get a blurry spot right in the middle of my vision or shimmery lines running through it. I've been told those incidents are "visual migraines". I also often have what seems to be a film over my eyes - not the same as the eyes watering - that I can't get rid of. This usually happens in the AM, but not always.

JoAnn
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I do use artificial tears, but not because of dry eye. I have a chronic infecion on my eyelids that make them scratch my eyes. No, I don't take amy non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, because I am too sensitive to them. My eyes just seem really tired.

thanks.