Are you kidding me???? Husband has bulles eye rash

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Kimba4318, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Sure looks like one to me. It is oval and red on the outer edge, then skin color, then a red circle in the center.

He showed it to me yesterday, but I was not paying attention and thought it was a spider bite. Last night he was vomitting and had diareha (sp) all night and is so sick today. "Feels like the flu".

The rash just jumped out at me this morning. Maybe the intestinal thing is just coincedence but this looks just like my Lyme rash looked, from what I remember, 11 yrs ago.

He has seen me suffer so bad... I just can't believe it could be possible!!

Any advice? What is the acceptable amount of time for ABX now? I want to make sure the doc follows the new extended protocol.

Hugs
    Kim
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thank you... I was wondering about the hospital. I am sure I can get him in with primary care tomorrow, but my daughter said ER because she is so afraid he will be like me.

I still cannot believe what I am seeing... just seems unreal!

Thanks for the advice.
    Hugs
    Kim
  3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I know people that have taken Doxy soon after a tick bite and cleared up the whole problem before it got established in the body. If he can tolerate it take the higher dose but I have also have heard of people taking the regular dose and clearing things up early in the game.

good luck
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

What's happened with your husband??? Any update available, as to treatment or not, symptoms or not, etc?

hoping for the best,
    Victoria

5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI Jarjar & Victoria...
    When we first noticed the rash he was vomitting and had diareha (sp) and now he has severe fatigue (he said it feel like mono... good description I think!).

He has been on Doxy for a couple of days. Does this sound like the right protocol for getting rid of it????

21 days of treatment
    100mg Doxy, 2 x a day

Please let me know what you think about this treatment. I want to make sure he is on a high enough dose and that the length of time is sufficient. We cannot have 2 of us like this!

Please give your advice and thanks again!
    Hugs
    Kim

6. victoria

victoria New Member

That is the currently recommended protocol from the IDSA (Infectious Disease Soc. of America)........ but you know there is a hot debate over this as there is a lot of evidence showing it may not be enough.

Have you read any of the info about the controversy at ilads.org? It might be worthwhile to read it over and know what to watch for at least.

Especially if your husband continues to show signs of problems, or re-occurrence at any time, he'd definitely need more than 21 days. Acute cases are possible to cure if treated immediately, as Jar-Jar says, so there is probably a pretty good possibility that what he's doing might be enough.

Hope that helps... it's hard to wade thru all of this, I know!
    Victoria

7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks Victoria!! It would be great to know what to look for. I was wondering how you know if it is enough of not. I will look that up now.
    Thanks again!!
    Hugs
    Kim