Are you really pale?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swiss, Sep 18, 2006.

1. swiss

swiss New Member

I have become so pale since I have gotten sick. I mean REALLY, REALLY PALE- like a ghost. People often comment on this. Anyone else look like they have never seen the sun.

Thanks,
    Michele
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Supposedly this is one of the symptoms of severe oxytocin deficiency. I can't remember if that's in the "Fatigued to Fantastic" book, but I've seen it at least a couple of times.

Oxytocin is a feel-good hormone. It is released in large quantities at childbirth (which is apparently part of why women can stand the pain) and at orgasm, but in smaller quantities on a regular basis.

Like all hormones, CFS sufferers are supposed to frequently be short on it.

You can get this made by compounding pharmacies. Belmar Pharmacy in Colorado is one.

When I first started taking it, I would find myself feeling really happy for no reasons. I take it regularly now, and I think it does help my mood a lot. Much more so than any antidepressant, that's for sure. But it would only work in this way if you're already deficient.
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

better, they sometimes say "your color is better this week." It always coincides with my feeling better. Not sure what that is all about.

I'm rambling but the answer is YES - I've gotten much paler since I've been sick. Believe me, I was already pretty pale to begin with. Light skin, light hair and green eyes.
  4. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I'm pale, but i've ALWAYS been pale. My mom says i get more grey-ish pale when i'm really sick, but otherwise i'm just regular pale. :)

If it bothers you, Clarins self tanners are really good :) I use the face one when i want to look a little healthier.
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

I was walking down the hall at drs not too long ago, and got weak; the dr turned around to see I was pale as a ghost.

My BP had dropped dramatically, and guess I wasn't getting good oxygen at that time.

But yes, generally, I am much paler than ever in my life, but I don't go out in the sun, either.

I have started taking vit. D., to help with not getting much sun...800 per day.

I was anemic for awhile too, take B-12 and folic acid everyday now.

findmind