are you sick of me being negative?????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by harmony21, Jan 28, 2008.

1. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Hi all am just wondering whther you all are tired of my seemingly negativity??? or so it seems maybe

am feel ing very down and not all connected with anyone in particular at the minute, its been so for a few months now???

am on anti depressants etc and trying but dont seem to be able to get close and have that commonality......

Any ideas???? any help???? anyone interested in more 1 to 1 posts and no am not dangerous or weird just lonely

angel hugs and smiles

Connie

2. jmq

jmq New Member

I have been reading your posts for a while now and never feel you are too negative. We all have been there...or still are. You do not have to be "up" if you do not feel it here. This is where you can vent. You have helped me many times with your posts. I think the more people that write back to you the better...then you get different points of views and assurance. At least, that is how I see it.

Sending you buckets of angel hugs and smiles,
    jmq
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Did you know that anti-depressants can actually make you more depressed?

My daughter is mentally ill and we have a very difficult time finding the right meds for her.

I found this out the hard way on my last attempt to quit smoking. Although I've used Zyban before (Welbutrin) this past time, within 3 days I was VERY depressed but didn't attribute it to the Zyban until I gave up on that attempt to quit smoking.

As soon as I quit the Zyban, I was feeling much better within a few days. I'm also on Effexor and have been for almost 5 yrs now.

Talk to your doc about this, you might not be on the right medication....

Hugs,

Nancy
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

When anyone posts here I never think in terms of them being negative because this should be a place to come and feel safe expressing your feelings - or getting them out.

Sometimes we just need to talk about what bothers us. I am that way. Personally I am more of a positive thinker by nature. When my husband expresses alot of negativity it is upsetting and I ask him to please try to stop it.

The worst is my elderly uncle. He is almost 80 and has literally driven everyone away with his attitude. I call him every day to talk and he gets off on a tangent where everything is bad. I am in Los Angeles, he is in Oklahoma - he has three daughters living less than 1 hour from him and they hardly call or see him. He is so very lonely (and angry) it worries me.

So I call him every day (for over a year now). I try very hard to talk about things that are cheerful and positive but it is a struggle. I have wondered if he is depressed but he would never get help.

I found this little article on dealing with negative emotions. Sometimes I think negativity can be a habit we get into. Maybe you will find it interesting.

How to Overcome Negative Thinking in Seconds
    By: Garry Munro

Turn negative thoughts into positive ones.

Negative thoughts can be very self-destructing, it's true that how we think is who we are.

Before I go on any further, let's take a quick test

Close your eyes and count slowly to 10, while counting concentrate on listening to the numbers.

What did that prove?

While you were counting, what else were you thinking about? Unless you're different from most people the answer would be, "I only thought of the numbers".

Our minds can only think of one thing at a time, so next time a self doubt or a negative thought pops into your mind, then quickly think of something positive, in other words, change the conversation in your head and this will change the negative thoughts in your mind.

Have on stand by a few positive thoughts that you can switch too next time the negative ones attack your thinking.

Do this every time a negative thought enters your thinking and you'll be surprised by the changes to your life, pretty soon you'll find that after you changed to the positive thought a positive action will follow.

As well as, the mind switching thought technique, why not find a "peaceful" spot where you won't be disturbed and for at least 15 minutes everyday, practice thinking nothing but positive thoughts or thinking nothing at all, before too long you'll be amazed by the results.

About the Author: Garry is a successful consultant, speaker, mentor & coach in the area of self-development.
    Based in Sydney Australia he runs his own business "Minds Alike" and works with small business owners and individuals assisting them to set & achieve their goals.
    You can view his blog site at http:// www.mindsalike.blogspot.com.

I don't think you are weird at all. I have had many times over the years where I was definitely depressed. Thank goodness it eventually passed.

I would be happy to have you email me and correspond. Perhaps we can meet on the chat board so I can give you my email address.

Take care...
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Connie, don't feel bad about what you post. That is what this board is all about and that is why we are all here. I know i am here to get help and try to help others.

Keep posting whether it is negative or positive. We are all listening.

Take Care
  6. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Here on this board nobody is weird, depressing,or negative. We don't judge or critize.
    feel free to share whatever you want or need to.

We are just a bunch of sick people(well, I mean physically sick) trying to get thru this the best way we can.

share whatever you need with us. We will help if we can or listen when we can't.

hugs to you
    lacey
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

all negative at times, it goes with the territory, with the illness so don't worry about it.

This board is for support.

Be careful with the anti depressants Connie, they don't always agree with us. Have you tried St John's Wort?

It is such a hard slog having a chronic illness, it's hard to be positive all the time.

I'll happily exchange emails with you.

love
    Rosie

8. jmq

jmq New Member

Just bumping to see how you are doing? Hope you know we care and are here for you....

jmq
  9. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

Nope. :)

Hugs.

jules
  10. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You're sick of negative feelings, aren't you. I think we all probably wonder, from time to time, if other people are as sick of us as we are of our own feelings.

Someone suggested you take a look at your antidepressants. If you are more down now than you were before you started taking them (ask your beloved for his opinion, too) that might be a good idea.

Nobody's sick of you, Red. You really don't need to worry about that. We're all sick of ourselves from time to time, though. Right now, I wouldn't inflict myself on anybody. I know it will pass. (fingers crossed:~)

This too...

Peace to you,
    r

11. jmq

jmq New Member

Where are u?
  12. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

sometimes I can only go through the other board and dont always check this one, today am feeling better and so doing more

I thank you so much for all the lovely replies it really touched my heart

I will look into my antidepressants and talk about it to mu doctor on Friday which is my next appointment

After my neurological episode last year the neuro asked whether I had been to a phyciactrist..... re my depression

My doctor says I have mood disorder but i dont really know what that means but i will ask

I love the little exercise and will really try to do that, thank you so much for something so simple, the counting to ten that is

Am very down regarding this thing at the moment as you may see from other posts, am scared am going to die as the not exercising bit and bad nutrition doesnt help us overall....
    It just compounds!!!!
    I also turn 58 in a couple of weeks and yeah I know there are a lot of you past that age who have CFS and FM along with other wonderful conditions, this does inspire me though.....

thanks you so much for your lovely replies, also I havnt tried getting in to the chat room as it wont let me the times I have tried earlier on, I will try again

in the mean time all the wishes send to me in return to you all and more........

angel hugs and smiles

connie