Are you to get a blizzard????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lilaclover30, Feb 12, 2007.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

We are to have snow begin tonight and all through tomorrow! The weather man says 12-14"!!!! Then 40 mi. hr. winds, then backs to low 0 by Wed.!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i don't like - we will probably lose power - our church is to have a generator so "others" can cook for anyone who needs it. That will be hubby and me IF we can get out.

Anyone else expecting this??? Wish us good luck. We can have a hot shower but that is all!!

2. teacher

teacher New Member

In my city, one of the local radio jocks refers to any type of snow as "the white death". Why? Because everyone here starts driving like they've lost their minds and rush hour increases from 2 hours to 5 or 6! :)

The forcast is for 6-8 inches by tomorrow eveing and ice thrown in to make things interesting.

You should have seen the lines at the gas stations and the grocery stores after work! Gotta be ready because the white death is coming. lol

BTW, I see you like southern gosepel. Who's your favorite?
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

We're on the Kentucky side of the Ohio River and we are under a winter storm warning .... supposed to start tonight with heavy snow, sleet, freezing rain, etc.

I knew we will lose power, too. We always do! We have a wood stove for heat and we purchased a generator last summer during a long power outage.

Stay warm and safe,
  4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I live west of Indianapolis. We are not looking forward to the storm either. The weather man said awhile ago that it is the worst storm in years.

My son and husband started new jobs today. My hubby has to be there at 6:00 am in the morning. My son has to go in at 3:0pm until 12:15 am.

We are usually pretty lucky and do not loose the power. I hope it stays that way. I will be here watching my 3 year old granddaughter.
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

We live north of Indianapolis and are supposed to get hit with anything from 8 to 14". I hate IT!

I have surgery very early Thursday morning, I want it and the snow gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worry about the homeless, those who cannot afford heat, and all of the innocent animals.... I guess I feel fortunate, come to think of it.

Snuggle in, all!

6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Here in Canada we are suppose to get 20-30 CM of snow ( don't know what that is in Inches) but apparently it's alot,
    darn ground hog said early spring!!!! yeah o.k.

love to all, Ann
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I live north of Detroit. We got two inches yesterday and expect another 6 to 8 before tomorrow morning.
  8. SweetT

SweetT New Member

we don't have to go in today. HURRAY---I FINALLY HAVE A SNOW DAY LIKE MY KIDS!
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

We alreday have about 14 inches and coming. About 40 miles north of us here, they already got over 12 feet of snow since February 3rd. We live Upstate New York.

We are expected to get another 10 inches. It used to be like this all winter but lately we only get the odd storm, that is plenty for me as I do not like the cold weather and scared of snow driving.

Love Annie Cromwell
  10. elliespad

elliespad Member

Northeastern NY, near Lake George. Started last night, still going strong. I bet we have about 18-22 inches already. Sons' college was cancelled, all schools closed, husband drove an hour to work, said roads weren't bad. I HATE it. But, first real snow we've had so, can't complain too loud. But I can still HATE it.
  11. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Not here. they said where I am in New York we were suppose to get this bad snow storm. It must have gone elsewhere. We got maybe a foot of snow but it was no snow storm by any means. I personally think the schools should have stayed open. As long as the snow plows were doing their jobs it was just another winter day.
  12. jjdg

jjdg New Member

We have over 1-1/2feet and it's still coming down,and we are still under blizzard till 5am Thursday.with the wind chill it's about-20,they plowed the drive way but you can't see it anymore,I'm leaving for Fla. tomorrow,my son's are taking me to the Keys,I want to wait till Friday cause we will still be getting snow Thursday,I got some pills to take for my panic attacks so they will have a quite ride with out mom freaking out. I will take my pillow and blankey.
    I won my SS claim. On Saturday ,yes on Saturday they called and confirmed it,I had refiled in Sept.2006 again I have filed in 2004,2001,1993 and kept getting turned down,I think it's because I'm 59 so they won't have to pay for too long.Ok I have to take my insulin shot and get to bed longggggg ride. Janet
  13. kriket

kriket New Member

I am in Texas. Hmmmmmmm, that could be one reason why. We only get to see flurries here. Hope all of you affected by the blzzard don't lose power and stay warm.