are you TOO active? How do you make time for downtime?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I was wondering how many of our members have a problem with this. Is it hard to find your "off" switch? Is it hard to slow down and take it easy, even when you're exhausted? Do you work on this or that project to the limit of endurance? How do you fit in your down-time?

One of my favorite things is comming here. It's social and fun, and I get to see how everyone's doing today. And once I'm here, I don't want to leave! I would way rather be here than lying down all alone staring at the same bad stone fireplace. Whenever I'm the least little bit better, I seem to push my boundries. Phone calls, cooking food, TV...

How do you walk away from things you want to do to get the rest you need? What can you do to make down-time enjoyable?
    ((hugs)) Shannon
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

Shannonsparkles-

I just love your username sounds so pretty. I like to come here too and read and share thoughts. It is calming to me. I live in the country and have access to a lot of quite places in the woods. I search for arrowheads and it is very relaxing. I usually have to get away from people when I need down time. I like to go to a quite place and just relax and unwind.

Kriket
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Shannon, I was constantly pushing myself to the point of a flare. I just didn't know how to stop. Now I am so sick that I have no choice but to rest. I have realized that I have to make myself a priority and put myself at the top of my "to do" list. Schedule rest time whether you are tired or not. Pushing yourself to the limit of your endurance just sets you up for a flare.

HAYLECOLE posted information a short while ago about "Recovery from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by Bruce Campbell". You can Google it. He talks about "pre-emptive rest". His methods have helped me enormously.

Put yourself first, Shannon.

Hope this helps.

Lolalee