Are you too tired to go to bed?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Mornings are not so bad for me. But around bedtime I start to drag. Brushing my teeth starts to look like climbing the Empire State building. My prayers go, "God, please help me to get into my pajamas... please help me to floss my teeth... please help me to set up my pills for tomorrow..." What makes a person drag at bedtime? What's good to help with this? Some nights I'm too tired to even begin getting ready for bed, so I just lie on the couch as it gets later and later...

thanks all :) Anyone else like this???? (( )) Shannon
  2. tigger5

tigger5 New Member

I really dread the evenings and bedtime. I'm soooo tired, I can't accomplish a thing, my eyelids are heavy but I know that if I go to bed I'll just toss and turn for a couple hours. It's kind of like torture.

I was taking some natural sleeping pills that gave me some relief for a few months but now they've stopped working.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Well, I must be! It's 2:00 a.m. and I haven't gone to bed yet!

I've sat here at the computer like a fool and have been reading and replying to some while I can barely hold my eyes open! They are burning and watering and my head is foggy!

Why am I still up and not in bed???????? I'm a dummy, I guess!!! LOL

Sometimes I hate to go to bed because I know I will hurt too much--my back and my ribs in my back when I breathe--well, all over I will hurt when I lie down in the bed. So I stay up until I'm going to drop, then go to bed hoping that I will fall asleep immediately.

When I wake up, I will be in so much pain that I can't lie in bed any longer--I'll have to get up. I have to start feeling better--that's all there is to it!!!

So .... I think I'm going to call it a day and finally try to go to bed!

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Even tonight, I fell asleep in bed fully dressed, with my contacts still in, around 5:30 or 6. No dinner...I barely ever eat dinner anymore. But then I wake up, like around 10 pm this evening when hubby got into bed, and I can't sleep for awhile. So the cycle continues....

Hope you feel better soon, and just do what you can at night (and in the day, too).
  5. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I can say that I am tired of seeing my bed as I am always in it. Day and night I am always in my bed and I get tired of it. I get tired of living in my bed. That is where I spend a majority of my life these days. I used to spend that time working and now I am always in my bed. However I got a bonus for my bed that keeps me going back to it is my mattress heating pad that keeps my whole bed warm. So I usually keep it on, when I know I think I will be returning to bed soon, and it feels nice and toasty and eases some of the aches.
  6. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I'll stay downstairs on the sofa till midnight sometimes just to keep from having to go through everything it takes to get ready for bed. If I lived alone, I'd probably not even make the effort sometimes, but my husband won't let me!! I'm glad he pushes me on.

Even as s child, I was too tired to put on my PJ's!! Isn't that awful to be that way when you're still a little kid!!?? Little did I know what I was in for as an adult.

Kinsie
  7. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Interesting. Same thing happens to me every night. I end up staying up later then I need to considering I have to work and pay for it when 6:30am comes around. I lay on the couch and just don't want to move so watch tv or something. It's ridiculous.. At least now I know it's normal... Argh