Are you unable to talk due to brain fog?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Jan 27, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

When my son wakes up foggy (which is often) he is unable to speak for about 30 minutes. Does anybody else have this problem? I've read that it can be a common occurence.
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It may be his meds.Check with the doctor.Linda

3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

couldn't remember it for the life of me. Wrote it down when he got home though.

I rarely brainfog too bad not that I'm on light therapy and glandulars. Fatigue still gets me sometimes though, when in an episode it's very hard to pay attn.

jeanne
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

No, I'm still on my trip...I'm in AK and it's 50 below zero, so I'm a bit stranded at the hotel today. My daughter will be coming later to pick us up, but until then, I found a hotel computer...so I wrote you guys!

I have read that some people feel they can't move out of bed because of brain fog...can't function at all for awhile. He gets up, but can't communicate or respond for some time. It is troubling, but it goes away. I have spoken to his doc about it, but it seems to be one of the mysteries of his illness.

Hope everybody's weather is warmer than ours!!
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I do feel more foggy headed,..and its hard to think.

for about a half hr or so.

Then of course the bad brain fog is present when I'm flaring bad. That can happen at any time.
    Hope this helps :)
  6. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

I have difficulty pronouncing my words and trouble finding the right word. I tgets better as the day goes on, but I still feel foggy.

Sue
  7. betsy1956

betsy1956 New Member

I have terrible brainfog, memory problems, and problems speaking now. Believe me, my family members have noticed. I guess they try to be patient with me? Betsy
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I mean brain fog, for 25 years due to CFS. Now I'm developing Alzheimer's.

Went outside and it was just starting to rain. Said to my neighbor, "Oh, it's raining. I'd better go back and get an elevator."

But I type the wrong word more often than I say one. Type "when" instead of "one". That sort of thing. Proofreading is a pencil. I mean, essential. Haha.
  9. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

I can speak when I wake up, however my fog is exceptionally worse in the morning, and I feel like im in a dream when I wake up. So, this is probably the case his just may be very strong in the morning.

I can notice a difference though, dont know why that is though.
  10. caroleye

caroleye New Member

When I have occasional mini-comas (chemical imbalance), I can't walk, or talk.

Many kids that have this, and/or learning issues, etc., have an EEG/QEEG brain map done, and then do neurofeedback that balances their brain chemicals.

Google neurofeedback if interested.

LIGHT**********carole
  11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Caroleye, I think I will check into neurofeedback...thanks for the info. Mini-comas are a good way to put it... Terri
  12. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

He's on such a low dose of magnesium, that it should make a difference trying what you do, Hangin! We have tried coconut oil in the past...couldn't see a difference, but maybe we'll try it again. What do you take for natural thyroid boosters- kelp? Anything else? Take care! Terri
  13. mranka

mranka New Member

I know what you mean, I cannot even function until I have coffee in the morning... and the brain fog.. that happens any time of the day.. Sometimes I get all excited talk.ing about something and then I will be right in mid sentence and forget what the heck my point was!!.. Usually happens when I am in a flare , feel one coming on or not entirely out of one.... I just look at my husband and say.. well .. I can't remember what the heck I was talking about... he knows enough by now that it is my "brain fog" and accepts it, but for the longest time I think he thought I was just plain going nuts... and I used to be sooo picky about spelling... in fact my pet peeve was people's bad spelling... and now I make so many grammtical errors and transpose letters and numbers....just gotta laugh about it and to heck with the funny looks from people