are you very pale?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I was wondering how many people here have this. My face is so pale you could read through it - I'm talking Casper coloration here!! The only color on me is those lovely blue-black circles under my eyes. I get a little scared when I see myself in the mirror like this.

kch64 has a post up right now on kind of the opposite thing - having facial flushing or red skin. So it got me wondering how many of us here are like me, pale as pale can be.

Thanks for your replies! ((hugs)) Shannon
  2. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I am very pale. I have always been very fair complected but now I am sick pale.
  3. I am very pale sometimes and sometimes my face is flushed red, and no I do not have menopause.
  4. citrine

citrine New Member

Hi, I have had pale skin since I was a child,and now I have dark circles under my eyes since I got Fibro in 1998,and I was told the circles under my eyes are from my allergies that I got at the same time in 1998,but I think Fibro is the reason also,it never goes away. Take Care, Citrine
  5. concretegirl

concretegirl New Member

I have only gotten paler in the past 2 years. Before I was so dark I look Native America (i'm 1/4 native american) now I'm pale and my vains pop out, and I can't get a tan when I go somewhere sunny.
    So I feel your pain Shannonsparkles, but what can we do? Nothing right now.
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

What can we do? I wonder... maybe we have a bit of an edge over the people who have doctors regularly tell them, "You look well." ;) I think what we CAN do is put on a little eye makeup - under the eye, to accentuate those dark circles! Right before the doctor visit! Then maybe we'll get the response, "Oh my GOD!!! Are you all right??? You look like you just popped out of a crypt!"

Just my thoughts. :) I may actually do this the next time I go. I'm fairly young and I can still fake looking okay with the right ammount of makeup, but, "You're looking good today," is not the response I want from a doctor. Unless he's cute and wants to ask me out. ;)
    take care (( )) Shannon :)