Are You ....... Waiting for Happiness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Jun 23, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Inspiration ...............

Waiting for Happiness

At times we go about finding happiness like a bird perched in a tree waiting for it's next meal. We wait, hoping happiness will come our way. As a result, many of us are starving for happiness.

Today is a new day filled with lessons to be learned and happiness to be experienced. But when we sit perched on our branch, we are sure to miss a great share of it. We must remember, happiness comes from within. It is based on how we feel about ourselves and in turn, how we view the world around us. Happiness is not a by-product of life, rather it is something we can experience each day providing we are willing to search for it. Ask yourself - Do I search out happiness today or am I waiting for happiness to find me?

From "Living with Chronic Pain One Day At A Time" by Mark Allen Zabawa
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I'm still waitng....
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I'm still waitng....
  4. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I so wish I could say I have it from within.......

still waiting :(

scapper
  5. spmary

spmary New Member

I know and always believed that it comes from within,but sometimes in the middle of the night when nothing stops the pain.....I wonder if I'll ever know happiness again. But I believe in it again when morning comes.
  6. mrpain

mrpain New Member

"We make a living by getting;
    But we make a life by what we give.."

Sometimes by giving to others and sharing with what we have to give,it can bring a lot of joy and happiness. When we do this, many times we're the ones who recieve the very joy and happiness that we are trying to give..

I know it's easier said than done when your sick and feeling fatigued and in pain, but I thought it was worth mentioning in this particular thread...

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Every day...I don't even have to search for it!!

It's everywhere around us...

Hugs,

Nancy
  8. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

today is happiness. hubby is napping on the couch. doggy is napping at my feet. last night we did dinner a movie, came home got in the hottub then went and snuggled up and started to watch a rented movie. yes i'm hurting today but i do everyday so this is as good as it gets accept i still have to do the laundry. so today is happiness because my kid came home and reminded me that even though he moved out he still needs us somethimes. (he didn't want anything, just stopped by to say hi) Angell
  9. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I'm having a really bad day today and reading this thread has helped a bit with the pure frustration of being sick all the time and living so isolated.

When I'm able to help someone else, I too find a lift in my spirits. It gives me a sense of purpose, since CFIDS has made my world so small and these opportunites aren't as readily available like they used to be. I guess I have to just look harder for the little blessings.

Thanks for this reminder of giving -- good thread :)

scapper
  10. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I looked in the sky
    But all I could see were clouds;

I looked in the ocean
    But all I could see was water;

I looked in the books
    But all I could see were words;

I looked in my tv
    But all I could see was makebelieve;

I looked in my new babies eyes;
    And I saw my reflection,surrounded
    with
    ALL I WOULD EVER NEED!!!

Take Care!!
    Jordane
  11. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

As Nyrofan, I suppose I'm still waiting. I have realized that it comes from within but with all that's going on, it must be stuck at the bottom.

I pray everyday that everyone be safe, healthy and happy.

BlueSky555
    [This Message was Edited on 06/25/2006]
  12. jole

jole Member

Depends on the day. When I feel the worst, to be honest I don't even think about it. On my better days, sometimes I get to feeling left out and wondering if anyone cares. Today the phone hasn't rang once and I feel sad. So WHY don't I pick it up and CALL somebody???????? Guess you'd call that waiting......how stupid!!
  13. ksp56

ksp56 Member

After three years of these DD's, I believe I have finally, accepted my 'new'kind of life. I hate it, but I have come to terms with it.

There are days that are wonderful, either with pain and tiredness, or without. These are the days that keep me going. I still get depressed too. Very. Then something will happen that makes me smile or gives me much hope.

My son's graduation party was yesterday. It was wonderful. I am dragging today, and probably will for several more days at least. However, it was so wonderful seeing all the happiness on the face of family, friends, and especially our son.

I do have days/weeks, which are much more difficult. That is why I try to run with the days that are better.

I am at as good of a place as I believe I will ever be at. This does bring me some peace...

There was a long, period of time I didn't think I would reach acceptance, but more the most part, I have. It is a much better feeling than the first years of being diagnosed.

Heartfelt Hugs to you all...

Kim
  14. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

It brought tears to my eyes reading all of your posts... this post really hit home for me.

All I have ever wanted in life was to be happy. I consider myself a pretty simple person and not hard to please at all. I just can't understand why I am rarely happy...I mean truely happy. Not the fake I'm happy because I just bought a new outfit or I just got my haircut. But true happiness...then kind that when life isn't going good, you are still happy. Happy to be alive.

So every night when I pray to God, the only thing I ever ask for myself is to be happy...truely happy. That's all I want in life. Everything else is secondary to me.

I haven't been able to find this yet... but I am trying. Through joining message boards (like this), trying to make new friends, helping others out, and most importantly by going to church and deepening my faith.

Thank you for listening...
    Val
  15. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You are so young and new to this. It takes quite awhile to grasp and grieve, over how your life has changed.

It took me two years, and still have some bad days. I do think I have finally accepted this. Don't like it!

Family members and friends who won't accept that I have been changed, by this, don't bother me anymore. They have been told, it doesn't matter to me whether they believe in Fibro/CF or not. Keeps them pretty quiet... LOL

You are beautiful, Val. Grasp the small things that make you smile. Especially the handsome young man pictured with you! LOL Give yourself time, and surround yourself with knowledge. It is a very powerful tool.

Hugs,

Kim

16. JLH

JLH New Member

Listen to what Kim had to say ...You are beautiful, Val. Grasp the small things that make you smile. Especially the handsome young man pictured with you! LOL Give yourself time, and surround yourself with knowledge. It is a very powerful tool.

I think we all go through times hoping for happiness, and maybe not really knowing what true happiness is. Then, one day you will awake and realize that you have real happiness and just didn't know it.

Don't worry about making others happy, just concentrate on making God happy, then you will feel the happiness from inside you oozing out.

You have good goals ahead of you ... your faith, your boyfriend, your desires for a higher education. You have enough to keep yourself busy and not get down in the dumps. Don't worry so much about trying to be happy! Just be yourself and enjoy each beautiful, sunshiney day!!

You have all of us hear on the board as friends. I know you have me as a good friend!

Love,
    Janet
  17. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello Kim and Janet,

Thank you very much for your responses to my post. Your words mean more than I can explain.

It makes me feel comforted knowing that I have this board to come to and such wonderful people like the both of you to chat with.

God Bless,
    Val
  18. kjfms

kjfms Member

well I am not a patient person so it isn't very often that I wait for anything.

No I do not wait for happiness I have it and consider myself a very lucky person.

I don't have a lot of money but that is not what is important in life.

I have a wonderful mother who has schizophrenia who is my hero. She gave me my life, my values, my work ethic, and my never give up attitude in life.

I have a roof over my head, food in fridge and cabinet. Running water and an inside bathroom--which is so much more than many of this world.

I have a part time job that I like and although it isn't my dream job it isn't scrubbing toilets either (not that there anything wrong with that--I have done that before too) I am working on the dream job :)

I have a very hard working and loving man who loves and has many of the same values that I do.

I have a very old computer that works :) and a Internet connection that allows me converse with all of the lovely people here :)

Hey it really doesn't take much to entertain me or to make me happy in life. The way I look at it--It could be a heck of lot worse.

So no I am not waiting on happiness--if I did that my life would just pass me by IMHO.

I am like a hog--I wake up in a new world every day...LOL

Thanks,

Karen :)
  19. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I try to find some happiness and contentment in every day. I do this by feeling gratitude for the things I do have like a wonderful husband, a beautiful house, a few good friends, supportive parents, and a lovely garden. I'm a pretty happy person and I try to find some joy in each day. Expect the Best!

Love, Jasmine