Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doxygirl, Mar 25, 2008.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

As if things could get any worse.....we just got a letter from our ins co for our cars and they raised our car ins....ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS a year!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I both got tickets this year...neither of us have had tickets for a longggggg time.....and a guy went over the double yellow lines to make an illegal left turn and my husband had two choices ...."hit the guy" or go to the right and run into someones fence" so he choose to run over the fence....

It ruined the front end of my husbands truck and the guy who caused it never even tried to stop...so now we have that and two tickets on our record!!!!!

I have to shop around for new ins and hope I can find something cheaper or else we are going to be driving with liability only!

I hate to do that ......I know it is not a good way to have only liability but we just do not have the financial means to pay more than we already are.....

I am so upset right now.....as if I were not so sick I could work and this would not be a big deal....

It just seems like it is constantly something.....over and over and over and over again....

groceries, gas, prescriptions, mortgage payments etc etc etc......we are doing the best we can ....and that is not so good with me not working.....

does anyone else feel like throwing in the towel sometimes......just when you think there is just no possible way it can get any worse ....IT DOES.....

Why do I have to have this dd and not be able to be a productive citizen that makes a decent living so we can just pay our bills and move forward in life....

I get so SICK of worrying ...and when I do it does no good anyway....but what do YOU do when you have NO more to give and things just keep going up?

Thanks for letting me vent....most people would not believe my life if they could not see this for themselves....I swear sometimes I just feel like my last name is cursed!:(

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear the bad news. We know life is unfair, but we don't need so many reminders, do we?

I'm sure you've already considered various possibilities. Just one car; installment payments; try another carrier, etc.

I hope you can work something out. It really wears a person down to have to struggle w/o let up.

3. stick2013

stick2013 Member

It's like the world is out to get us. $1000 seems like a lot for 2 tickets. My god...

Life is unfair. I am depressed so all I am going to do is say negative crap.

But I am sorry that this is happening to you.
  4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for all you aggravation. $1000 is a large increase and I would be upset too.

In NYS, you can take a defensive driving course for around $35 each and it can reduce/eliminate the points on your license and thus reduce your premium. Ask your insurance agent if that's possible in the state that you live in. Get the details, it could help a little.

5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Good Grief Doxy-
    when it rains it pours huh? This all has to end soon!
    I haven't forgotten about you and your mortgage issue - I promise. I'm working two jobs and struggling!! I will review what you wrote to me! Is your mortgage lender someone you can talk to - or did you deal directly with the bank who originally held your mortgage?

Hey - don't you ever worry about venting! You have every right!!! ...and you're not cursed..just being tested. You'll come out on top!

6. ckball

ckball New Member

I know how you feel, I only have a few moments as I have an appt with my shrink, much needed, I only go every 4 months for my meds but this time he will earn his money.

I have been in a down hill spiral since Christmas, like you, one thing after another, after another, you get the idea.

At one point I was ready to check myself into the hospital, but had no one to take care of my dogs and my mom in the nursing home.

I sat here and cried a big ole ugly cry and yelled at god and screamed why do I have to go threw all this stuff. My Missy came over and licked my tears and I calmed down.

We won't have those answers now, I feel by making us do more than we think we can, he is showing we CAN do more than we think are capable of. Sure it will hurt, make us crazy, behave badly but when you get over that hurdle, you will see you got threw it.

Please read my post called Daffodil Principle with Pic. It is partly about my struggle and a wonderful story of what one single one did. I hope it gives you some strengh.

You are a wonderful woman Doxy and have been threw so much, but you are still here. Sometimes we just need to let the negativty ago-I know that is the hardest- but carrying it inside of us breeds more.

My daughter broke my heart last month, then a contractor botched a job and wouldn't fix it, I was so hurt and angry and more I hung on to those feelings more bad stuff kept happening.

After my good cry and telling God off, I knew I had to change how I looked at things and just let it go. Things have been better the last few days, but I had nearly 4 months of beatings before I realized I had to chose the way I reacted to things.

I know how you feel about not being able to work and be productive, I had a very good career and a great job with great pay and benefits. It hurt to give that part of me up. But now I have discovered a new me. I just deal with things one day at time.

That really sucks about your car insurance, it happened to be in the 90's when I had 2 small wrecks in the same year.

I went to Progessive and did save some money, now I have my home and car on the same policy and I get a price break.

Just know we are hear for you and hope you are able to to your ebay thing to help bring some money in.

Just focus on what you can do TODAY and take some time to breath and be calm, even if it is for a few minutes. Sometimes when we are quiet inside the annswers come.

I wish you the best and you are in my prayers-Carla
  7. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

Just knowing that helps. I wish I could find it easy to cry...crying helps.

I try to look at the big picture to know there are other places in this world that money doesn't rule. We live in a country where it does and that sucks. I have to remind myself in God's eyes, I matter as much as those that do have a lot.

I need to remind myself because a lot of people judge others on what they have and don't have, and if they have a paying job. In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter.

It helped me to work in the hospice field and to work along with cancer survivors with my volunteering. I need this to keep me focused or I would be down on myself though I know I am a good and kind person. But, I am a financially poor person.

I keep wondering if I can be thrown in jail as these letters from collectors tell me. I am told no they can't for unsecured credit. I push the worry to the back of my mind and hope it doesn't show up in my dreams, and keep reminding myself I am a good person that matters.

I may file for bankruptcy and try to keep my husbands name out of it, it's my debt and he worked hard to build his back up. He tries to hold the sarcasm back about me not bringing an income into the house right now. He sees how much I hurt just to get up from bed, but I know he can't empathize and wonder sometimes if he thinks I am exaggerating.

I have saved us money though by not having to buy gas for the car as much as when I was working a paid job, and I don't go shopping as much. I don't eat as much because I can't stop at fast food anymore.

I am in a demeaning position again though by having to take my name off of our bank account and having to ask for money when I need it. I find it very demoralizing. He always reminds me to be careful of what I spend, like I need to hear that. I can't cut back anymore than I have already!

We sold our big house and moved into a mobile home, but it's in a retirement community near town. I have the river in my back yard, a field behind me with a walking path. I love camping so this is for me all year round. We put in a picture window facing the river. I feel young here, too, with all of the elderly living here.

Know that you are not alone. Keep posting. Know that you are a good and worthy person and God loves you as we do, too.

8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...ya know and those darn insurance companies when it comes to PAYING out!!! My brother is still waiting for a settlement for his catastrophic injuries in a car wreck that was 18 months ago and it will probably be at least that again till he sees a check. Meanwhile they can raise their rates as they so please. We had a burst pipe over Christmas and the insurance company (we never had a claim ever) said it was fair wear and tear without even looking at it-cost us $800!

Like that old saying, I was told "you know things could be worse, and sure enough things got worse!"

My 13 year old autistic son just got a bill from a lab for $785 for a cortisol test-I called them and said, plan on taking him to court, you accepted his Medicaid.

Cannot win but do look at the daffodil pic/story it will raise your spirits.

Love Annie
  9. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Oh Doxy... You are sooo not alone.

Feel free to vent. Every one of us needs to from time to time.

We are here with you and for you. And we are all survivors. Somehow we will get through it.

Love ya, girl.

Hugs. doloresf1