Arithritis in spine and muscular back pain plus 5 hours of sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donnajean, May 17, 2009.

1. donnajean

donnajean New Member

I am a back sleeper and every mattress gives me pain by the morning plus I only sleep a total of 5 hours a night. I tried an air mattress and that did make me feel better and sleep better perhaps an hour longer sleep. Has anyone tried the sleep number bed for relief of pain and longer sleeping hours? Thank you in advance for your information.
  2. Podnette

Podnette New Member

I sleep on a water bed and love it

Hugs, Pod
  3. lonna1

lonna1 New Member

A waterbed is the only one I can sleep on. I also have RA all over, however I sleep all night and wake up with no pain whatsoever.
  4. jole

jole Member

We have a sleep number bed, and I wake up hurting terribly every morning. It hasn't helped me at all...and they are expensive, so I was very disappointed. My hubby loves it though...he doesn't have FM but has had back surgery three times.

We had a waterbed mattress years ago, and I wish we had it now. I slept better on it than I have on any other mattress. Plus the heat from it would feel so good on my muscles these days. I would recommend one with good waffles to reduce the water movement....oh, it sounds soooo good :)
  5. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

We got a Tempurpedic bed for a Christmas present from the inlaws.
    VERY expensive but I'm extremely happy with it. My husbands has severe spinal stenosis and I have a lot of osteoarthitis every where as well as carpal tunnel, numbness, bone spurs, and a million other things.
    We both love this bed and can't imagine sleeping on anything else.
    The only issue I have is that it does get warm - that's how it works. But I think there's such a thing as a cooling mattress pad but I haven't bought one yet.