Arm going numb and fingers are tingling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Nov 10, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

When I go to sleep at night, my right arm goes completely numb and my fingers tingle. It has happened about 2-3 times in last month. It's not the way I'm laying, b/c I lay no different than I ever have.

Every time I drifted off to sleep last night, I would wake up b/c my arm had this funny feeling sensation to it, so when I went to move it it was totally numb. I would have to hold my arm straight up in the air before my circulation would come back.

I'm thinking that this is a symptom of carpel tunnel, but not sure. It very well could be since I am a massage therapist. Any body else have carpel tunnel or have any idea what else could be causing this all of a sudden?

Thanks
    Kriket
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

i went on prickles web site and read about TOS - it was so much what happens to me and sounds like you too.

I get that and also get it down my loeg and my feet get numb and "buzz" it sucks! I am sorry you are feeling this.

Let me know if you can read about TOS.
    Hugs
    Kim
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Thanks, I will check it out. Yea, it's no fun.

kriket
  4. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I used to get that all the time. Once I started on the Magnesium and vitamin IV's I haven't had tingling and numbness since.
    K
  5. basilrathbone

basilrathbone New Member

Oh yes, I get that in my left arm and it's not funny. Sometimes when I wake up my entire arm to the shoulder is like completely dead. I can't even move it until I rub it and massage it with the other hand. Like you say it doesn't seem to matter what position I'm sleeping in.

Also when I lay on my back sometimes my hands will both go numb and white. It only started after I got sick so I assume it's the Fibro. I've had all the tests done on my heart so...
  6. bmadan

bmadan New Member

This happens to me, it only started after I got sick with FMS. The neurologist thought it was attributed to possible carpel tunnel. He did a nerve conduction study and it came back normal, no signs of carpel tunnel.

From what I understand and have read, it's all part of FMS.

Barbara :)
  7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Sorry you are not feeling well. I have a lot of neck pain, so I think it causes numbness/tingling in my hands sometimes. I don't know for sure, but after I went to massage therapy, it got better. Now, it is happening again, so back I go. Have you told your dr. about it yet? Thank goodness for massage therapist such as yourself! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/11/2006]
  8. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I gave up sleeping in my bed at least six months ago. My posture in not right in it no matter how many times I try, or what position I am in. I have slept on the couch for last six months. If I sleep in the recliner my shoulders and arms kill me.

My bed if I lay on my side, my hips hurt, my arms and hands go numb, will wake up a lot of times with a migraine. That is with a pillow between my knees, and one to hold onto so my shoulders don't drop when I am sleeping. If I lay on my back the bed is so flat that my body is out of alignment, even with pillow under my knees.

My shoulders got so bad for awhile in order to move my arm, I had to use the other arm to pick up the first arm because it was excrutiating to move on its own. When it did do this my hands alway went numb.

If I sit in my recliner my hands go numb. If I am writing my hands go numb.

Nope...not carpul tunnel either because it comes and goes. (Well except for sleeping in bed) Otherwise I can go a month with it not happening and then it may last for a couple weeks.

So no, you are definitely not alone kriket.
    I will be thinking of you.
    Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  9. cnm

cnm New Member

I have had this happen as well. For over two weeks this happened every night and it was very hard to sleep. I started getting B12 injections weekly and have had very few problems with this since. My Dr told me that B12 is a nerve conductor and that low levels of B12 are common in fybro patients.