Arm is in such pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Feb 21, 2007.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

About a month ago I would wake up abou9t 4 with hideous pain in my right arm - tghe pins and needles kind, like ;it had gone to sleep. kThe pain would not go away until I got up in the morning. Then my hand hurt and was rather numb for quite a while.

Now the other arm has tghe same problem only not as bad. I do have osteoarthritis in my wrists and hands that is quite painful. Is this a part of that?

It is every night now - I cank't find a spot to lay in and i can't find a place to lay my arm. Does any one else have this problem? I have numbness in my feet too.

Is this ALL a part of FMS? I was dx'd 4 1/2 yrs ago. i want to go to my PCP but he is out of town til kTues, then I will have to beg his nurse to get me in sometime fairly soon,.

Let me know if you have any ideas about this, please.
    Gentle Hugs,

Joan
  2. jole

jole Member

Bumping.....
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Do you have back trouble? My hands go numb and it turns out that it is from my neck..

Good luck!!
    Dona
  4. Ouch4017

Ouch4017 New Member

I too have very bad throbbing arm pain and weakness. Very rarely do I wake without my hands and/or legs numb. My pain at times is very unbarable. I also get severe swelling and redness in my hands and also severe joint pain. Several doctors feel the swelling and fluid in my hands is from the soft tissue irritation ( part of FM). The numbness and tingling are most likely nerve issues, at least they are with me and also part of the FM. The joint pain is from the FM also due to the muscles, tendons and soft tissue being irritated. There are times when I can barely write. Are you on any type of nerve pain medication like Lycra or Neurontin? Also, I take percoset for the pain and they both help. Being on quite a bit of medication, I still haved the numbness, tingling and pain but sometimes it just helps to know that there are others out there with the same problem. Hang in there. We're all here to help.