Arm pain, is it fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Apr 28, 2010.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I don't usually have FM pain in my arm but right now the muscle in my arm, either tricep or bicep, that feels like soreness that might result from exercise, but I haven't done any. Does anyone have this type of pain from fibro? I can't even reach around to my back and scratch because it hurts too much. I am pretty sure I didn't pull it or anything. It is just weird.
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

If your pain in the arm lasts longer than a week, I would see a doctor. Maybe a CT scan could be done and see if you have a problem--sometimes arm pain is really coming from your neck--which you would need a CT scan of your neck or an MRI of it.

Until then I would try a heating pad on the area that hurts, and if anyone in your house would massage the area that hurts, that would probably help.
  3. jesfms

jesfms New Member

i had experienced arm pain and learned i was low on vitamin b12...after 3 months of shots my level came up and the arm pain was gone...i had read an article that people with fibro may be low on b12...i didn't know that it would decrease pain in arms...the sublinqal b12 is absorbed well...that is how i keep b12 up
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

It radiates from my shoulder, under my arm and then down to my elbow. I think it is FM cause I am hurting all over.

Try heat on it, maybe that will help. If not better soon I would go see a orthopedic dr. Maybe something like bursitis. I have had that a few times in my shoudler and had to get a cortisone shot which helped.

I hope things get better soon.
  5. loto

loto Member

I have FM, and my arms and shoulders and hands and wrists are the places where I have the most pain.
    Mine is due to FM and I have Degenerative Disc Disease in my neck. So, it could be something besides FM, so your doctor should do tests and MRI's, etc to rule other things out.