Armand book worthwhile for CFSers?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Madelyn, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

I have CFIDS. My Dr. has me on guai but I want to understand more, and I want it to work optimally. Would Dr. Armand"s book be worthwhile for a CFSer? Money is tight and I don't want to invest if it won't help me.
    Advice, anyone?
    Madelyn
  2. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

You really should understand what is going on. Does your doctor have a copy that you can borrow? Do you have a library card? The book is paperback , and $15, not too expensive, but it does take a few readings to really "get it". And I do refer back to it on occasion.
    I hope this helps.
    Tibbie.
  3. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

altho i dont suffer from fm or cfs, i read it to help me understand, and i found it to be quite thorough...

think it cost about 15.00 at waldenbooks...

good luck, and good days...
    ed
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is specifically for FMS, but there is sooooo much overlap that I always think anything we read dealing with either FMS or CFIDS will benefit us regardless of which we have. I've been doubly blessed with both.

The thing is that researchers believe now that both are different manifestations of the same illness. If you have one, my may well develop the other. Claudia, who co-wrote the book with Dr. St. Amand, says taking 300 mgs. twice a day of the Guai will prevent FMS in those most likely to develop it. Of course, one must follow the rest of the protocol as well, eliminating the sals.

I would recommend this book even if one isn't going to try the Guai because it is so informative.

Love, Mikie
  5. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

Thanks for the replies. Thank you, Mikie. I'm definitely going to buy it.
    Glad you're feeling well!

Madelyn

[ advertisement ]