Armour Thyroid?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quanked, Aug 16, 2010.

1. quanked

quanked Member

It turns out that I did have all the tests for the thyroid--Free T3, Free T4 and thyroid antibodies and they came back normal. I will post the results later--I am too tired and my foot hurts too much to get up right now and find the paper work.

I asked my doc to prescribe armour thyroid anyhow--just to see if I might get some relief from some of the symptoms I have (that may or may not be from hypothyroidism). She agreed to give a try. She gave me 1/2 grain per day. Boy is this stuff cheap! My tiredness--extreme-- I have blamed on CFIDS. But it is not impossible that some of it might be thyroid issues.

My intolerance to cold or even cool is getting to be a big problem.

Anyhow, I am not sure what to expect from this trial with Armour. I am too tired to research it tonight--=maybe tomorrow.

2. quanked

quanked Member

Hemoglobin A1C 5.9 H not sure what this means I forgot to ask

TSH 1.790 (LATEST REF RING--.450-4.500)

T4, FREE (DIRECT) 1.19 (LRR 0.82-1.77)

Not sure where the T3 is.

I have a lot to learn. I have no idea what to expect. I took my first pill yesterday. I have not noticed anything different although I woke up with a neck discomfort in the night--something I have never noticed before.

Thanks for your interest and input Jamin. I have read your thyroid posts with great interest over the years I have been here.

I am feeling somewhat depressed right now as I have not had any real rest for many nights now. Prolonged exhaustion tears me down over time. I have a dental appointment this afternoon that I would rather skip but I have one for my granddaughter at the same time so I cannot really let it go as she will be leaving in a week or so.

On the bright side my doc called in a presciption of Ambien CR for me so maybe this will help my current jag on sleepless nights. I hope so. I hate resorting to a drug but Melatonin and Alteril do not work for me. They both help to get me to sleep but not stay asleep.