Arms and legs rubbery in the AM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jackie65, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Jackie65

Jackie65 New Member

Hello ... Every morning lately, well, for the last year or so, I wake up with rubbery arms and legs. The only way I can describe it is numb, but not numb. They feel like they are not all there, I can feel and move them but they don't completely move they way my brain is telling them to move... fine motor skills in the arms and hands are not what they should be...and my legs feel like they may not hold me up, like rubber. They are not "asleep", no tingling etc. It wears off after about an hour or so after I have been moving around. And it doesn't seem to be related to the position I sleep in...it happens even when I sleep on my back with less pressure on the arms or legs. Anyone else experience this? Thanks. Jackie
  2. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Yes, I get those legs and arms every morning. But mine are also painful. It takes a few hours for them to get moving. It's like the brain connection that governs the arms and legs is switched off. The brain says "walk", but the message doesn't get through.

Sorry you are going through this. I have to tell everyone not to plan anything with me until after lunch, when my brain is connected again.
    Mini
  3. pocahontas606

pocahontas606 New Member

do you think this could be an adreanl/cortisol thing?

just a thought...