Arms sore to touch

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlp1954, Mar 16, 2006.

1. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I am fairly new to the Fibromyalgia diagnosis. This board is so full of nice people and good information. I am wondering if the soreness I have in my upper arms is part of fibro? The upper arm muscles hurt and they even hurt to touch, not just to move. Feel like I have been working out, or have the flu aches. Is this a part of fibro or not? Thanks so much. Pattie
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

Yes, a very common symptom.

Welcome by the way.

Kendra
  3. Martyp77

Martyp77 New Member

Yes!! So Normal. I have it from top of the shoulders to the wrists/hands. Sometimes it's a burning, but mostly pain.
    I took Neurontin for the burning, but I haven't in the past 8 months since pregnancy/breast feeding. Neurontin doesn't mix with that.
  4. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

Yes I have that burning too. Feels like the muscles are twitching so hard they burn. I cannot get my neck to relax to matter what I do. I tense up my shoulder so much, they are about up to my ears....If I think about it I can relax them but they tense right back up. I hate this.
  5. goldilox

goldilox Member

I have tennis elbow/golfer's elbow and arm and shoulder pain for the last few months. At times I cant even bend my arms the paid in SO bad. I rub glucosamine rapid into it which sometimes helps. Yes it is unfortunately part of fibro and its very difficult to manage as you can understand. Let me know if you can find any remedies.
    Are you on any type of medications?

Wishing you better days,

Sue
  6. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I take Vicodin at night to help me sleep some, but not every night, I am working full time and meds just dont mix with that. I have to drive to work, and I am very busy at work, luckily I dont have to stand, which would be impossible, but sitting makes me stiff. No win situation. I take Enbrel for my Rheumatoid arthritis, but I am beginning to think alot of my pain is from the Fibro not the RA. What do you take? Pattie
  7. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

You are so right to question every symptom. FMS affects many people diferently, sometimes drastically.
    I love this community and I have learned a lot here about FMS. The people are very caring and knowledgeable.
    Keep in mind that not all you read will pertain to your unique struggle with FMS. So try not to get overwhelmed by it all.
    Wlecome!
    A