Arms worse than legs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Jan 14, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

My arms are worse than my legs. If I use my aerobic excerciser for example my legs seem ok for about 7 minutes max, but my arms hurt REALLY BAD after just one minute. Even if I work lightly. I can't go anything with them. If I whip the gravy on the stove my arm hurt terribly and tire withina few seconds. Anyone else have it this way?
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

it remains obvious even though I am generally stronger and able to exercise more.

I have cervical spine issues but only had a MRI done last year, that has provided one explanation. There's been a lot of muscle wasting too, including around my shoulders. I had neuropathic (peripheral) pain in my arms, hads and wrists which my PT was able to treat, so whilst my arms remain weak I can use them more than before and the pain is less unless I push my luck.

So far I've been able to rebuild some muscles bulk and strength in my core, pelvic and thigh muscles, but still not making a lot of progess arms-wise; however, it's better than before and still improving, abeit very slowly.

Tansy
  3. pamsue

pamsue New Member

my arms tend to ache more after a long day, but my legs give me the most trouble usually.

my feet get swollen and red and I can barely walk on them by the end of the day and that is after little to no work around the house.

Wish I could be an aerobic exerciser again

pamsue
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

My "aerobics" are not intense, it's all I can do, slow movements on an aerobics "bike" for 5 minutes or so. The pain in my arms, shoulders, and hands are horrendous. It has increased dramatically in the past few weeks. My legs seem fine, somewhat. I haven't been lucky with much of a diagnosis yet, just ran into a new doc that seem fine and we had an initial consultation a week ago. Well see how far we'll get. I can't believe I ran marathons and gave professional sport massage. Now I can barely get up the stairs and wisk my gravy!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/14/2006]
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

just yesterday, my legs were on a 5 or so on the scale, but I just held my arms out for a minute or so and boy they hurt me for ages after. I sometimes think I need marionnette strings attatched to me. I just heard this, walking backwards is meant to help ease leg pain.