Arms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elbryan, May 9, 2003.

1. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

Anyone have a stinging numbing feeling in their arms, this one is new to me havnt had it before.
  2. dghoover

dghoover New Member

I have had the stinging, tingaling and numbing in my arms, Mainly my right one. It isn't any fun. My Rheumy said it's just part of this DD. She did find I had carpal tunnel in my right wrist. But couldn't tell me anything about the other arm besides it was part of this DD. My prayers will be with you. LOL DGH
  3. KristyW

KristyW New Member

I have been experiencing numbness in my right arm. I have been for about 3 weeks now. I'm not sure if it is from FM or if i am getting carpel tunnel. My doctor gave me a brace to wear when i work and when i sleep. If it doesn't get better he wants me to have an EMG done on my arm, which involves needles.........eeekkkkk...........i hate needles.
    I do experience numbness also in my feet and sometimes my legs, but i think that is from my FM.

KristyW
  4. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

I had that done the needles werent bad at all just a little sting...some I didnt even feel...so If you need it dont worry it's not bad.
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

I think there are two contributing factors in my case. First, like others who have contributed to this post, it is part of these DDs, not everyone gets this but enough for there to be a strong connection.

Second I have awful problems with sections of my spine, including my neck which cause similar and additional symptoms/problems.

Might be worth having an emg done , or seeing a chiropractor or osteopath.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2003]
  6. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

I have had the EMG done on my left arm before but no problems were seen. Have been having some problems with my neck lately might be the cause I will tell DR when i visit next week.
  7. jka

jka New Member

i get it sometimes.usually when i've been using my arm alot(painting vac cleaning).mine is more of a traveling pain and stinging up and down my arms.

kathy c