Arnica gel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Midgie, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Midgie

Midgie New Member

I read in here where some people tried arnica gel and thought it really helped. How long did it take for it to help you?
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I use Arnica Gel on any area that hurts, from my knees to my neck. It helps within a couple of minutes, and wears off several hours later. Sometimes the ache or pain does not return for a long time like weeks or months. It depends on the cause of the pain.
    Just don't use it on a huge area all at once.
  3. skierchik

skierchik New Member

You can also take it in pill form. It a homeopathic tablet that you take sublingual 3 times/day. It's great for stiffness, soreness & inflamation. The one I like is called Traumeel.

4. msmac

msmac New Member

I have used the "pills" and believe that they help with swelling, bruising. The gel form has not been great for me, though Traumeel is supposed to be the best. I have had good luch with arnica spray, and that is the only form I use. I think it might be a little stronger than in gel form. It really helps bruising, sprains, etc.
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

It is almost instant pain relief and brings down swelling too. I alternate between arnica and Traumeel, because they seem to wear off a bit if I use one everyday, and sometimes Traumeel works better for certain pains.

I tried arnica pills, but beware if you are lactose intolerant. Didn't work, felt spacey and blew up like a blowfish, which I always do from lactose in meds.

6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Used it for years...........

7. tandy

tandy New Member

applied to muscle areas that are worse for me.
    Did'nt do a thing for me.

Wish it helped me like it has others here.
    (no luck)

I would think it should bring immediate results.??

8. BethM

BethM New Member

I also use Triflora Arthritis Gel made by Boericke and Tafel, in addition to the arnica gel they make. I find fairly fast relief from them, although it doesn't last too long.

9. kriket

kriket New Member

Where do you get it? I use arnica gel and cream and they work instantly w pain and swelling. I like the gel better though. I'd like to try traumeel cream, but don't know where to get it at? Does anyone know?

[ advertisement ]