Arnica gel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Midgie, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Midgie

Midgie New Member

I read in here where some people tried arnica gel and thought it really helped. How long did it take for it to help you?
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    I use Arnica Gel on any area that hurts, from my knees to my neck. It helps within a couple of minutes, and wears off several hours later. Sometimes the ache or pain does not return for a long time like weeks or months. It depends on the cause of the pain.
    Just don't use it on a huge area all at once.
    Terry
  3. skierchik

skierchik New Member

You can also take it in pill form. It a homeopathic tablet that you take sublingual 3 times/day. It's great for stiffness, soreness & inflamation. The one I like is called Traumeel.

skierchik
  4. msmac

msmac New Member

I have used the "pills" and believe that they help with swelling, bruising. The gel form has not been great for me, though Traumeel is supposed to be the best. I have had good luch with arnica spray, and that is the only form I use. I think it might be a little stronger than in gel form. It really helps bruising, sprains, etc.
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

It is almost instant pain relief and brings down swelling too. I alternate between arnica and Traumeel, because they seem to wear off a bit if I use one everyday, and sometimes Traumeel works better for certain pains.

I tried arnica pills, but beware if you are lactose intolerant. Didn't work, felt spacey and blew up like a blowfish, which I always do from lactose in meds.

Jeanne
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Used it for years...........

LIGHT********carole
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

applied to muscle areas that are worse for me.
    Did'nt do a thing for me.

Wish it helped me like it has others here.
    (no luck)

I would think it should bring immediate results.??

8. BethM

BethM New Member

I also use Triflora Arthritis Gel made by Boericke and Tafel, in addition to the arnica gel they make. I find fairly fast relief from them, although it doesn't last too long.

Peace,
    Beth.
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

Where do you get it? I use arnica gel and cream and they work instantly w pain and swelling. I like the gel better though. I'd like to try traumeel cream, but don't know where to get it at? Does anyone know?

Kriket