Arnica Gel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Apr 24, 2006.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have seen this at my health food store. Can anyone explain what it is used for? Is it a topical pain reliever?

Tania
  2. sop28

sop28 New Member

I have not used it yet(hadent found it) but a friend of mine suggested it. It is a topical pain reliever and it is also suppose to be good for a fast recovery for bruises.

If you decide to try it, keep us posted. I was thinking of trying it.
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Yes I have used it for my feet and hands. They hurt so bad and I must say that it did help. I would use it several times a day. It's definitely worth a try.
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I LOVE IT. I alternate between arnica and Traumeel cream, but arnica definitely works faster.

I have a friend who used to press her own arnica juice from her own garden flowers. Try and make sure it's fairly pure though, she tried one and thought it was weak on comparison. I've been lucky and both brands I tried, of A. Vogel and Boirn have been very potent. It's much nicer than most topicals because it doesn't have that pungent Ben gay camphor smell, like the otc ones or 024. It smells like chamomile and is very soothing, it doesn't get hot or cold for me, but occasionally tingles a bit, but it's pleasant. The pain is going before you get your sleeves rolled back up.

Jeanne
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

and love it. When I get those washboard feeling knots that are very tender, I rub some arnica gel on them and it nearly instantly takes the inflamation and soreness out.

Kriket
  6. cookstove

cookstove New Member

I have use the arnica gel and it worked fairly well, but not for long term. I am now using biofreeze. I find that it has to be reused during difficult nights, but lasts longer than the arnica gel.

There are also arnica pills. They are to be put under the tongue for quicker absorption.
  7. lea

lea Member

How long does the arnica work for you?
    thank you
    best,
    lea
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

If my pain is really bad already and I've been overdoing, only about an hour, maybe more.

If I'm just starting, sometimes it can nip it in the bud quite nice. Like in the morning, it can really last, for stopping the morning stiffness and pain.

Jeanne
  9. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

NOTHING has helped or even come close to touching that gnawing pain i get in my neck, shoulders, and shoulder blades... the one that feels like someone stabbing me in the back with a knife!! The pain is quit literally gone before i can get my shirt back on!

And i love that it has no smell, doesn't tingle, or get hot or cold on the skin!!!

BTW, thank you for recommending this to me Kriket!!!... I've since bought several tubes and keep one in key places... ie. the bathroom, nightstand, the car, purse, desk, gym bag, etc.

TM~