around midnight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LEFTYGG, Nov 10, 2005.

1. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

i start to feel really good around midnight and then i stay up until 4 or 5 am. this makes me sleep till 1pm and i feel lousy. does anyone else do this. thx gail
  2. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member

Same here. I will nod off at the computer but still can't make myself go to bed. Right now I am so exhausted! I just started doing this about a week ago. It does make me very tired but my hubby works third shift so I guess we're on the same schedule, Although he sleeps longer than me during the day. Well, its bedtime!
    cindy

3. hunterwillow

hunterwillow New Member

I am a supersensitive person. Lights, noises, people. So much goes on in the daytime. There is too much external stimuli. At night I feel better able to cope. There is less commotion.
    I am not a morning person. Getting out of bed is the hardest thing. Pain, stiffness, and soreness. Even when I go to bed early. I tend to want/need a lot of sleep.
    When I get up late I feel guilty because there is usually so much to do and it takes me forever to get started. The rest of my family have been up and running for hours. It makes me feel so unproductive.
    I am envious of those who love starting a new day. To me each new day just brings another long list of things I'll never get done.
  4. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

Sometimes I don't go to be until 3:30 - 4:00 a.m. and I sleep till 1:00 p.m. I have tried to get back on a "normal" schedule but just can't do it. Good thing I don't take care of anyone except a fur baby :)
  5. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear leftygg

I know how you feel - for the first 3 or 4 years that I had cfs I was at my best, if you can call it that, during the night and terrible during the day. People used to tell me - try to sleep at night and you will feel better during the day: your are bad during the day because you will not go to sleep at night. Yeh - right: Easier said than done. When we feel good, at any time of the day, it is so difficult to let go of that time.

My doc. said this night owl routine was because my circadian rhythm was out of order. It was just another indication that the body was not working propery. It was, he said, important to try to re-adjust this rhythm in order for the body to start to heal, but it was not an easy thing to do. There was no easy tablet or simple adjustment and it all took time.

Fortunately, I am now moving back into a normal rhythm, for which I am constantly grateful. Occasionally I have an all nighter, but they are becoming less and less frequent and I do feel better during the day and really enjoy starting to feel tired, or rather more tired, when it gets dark. Perhaps you could check out this rhythm idea?
  6. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSES. I REALLY FEEL LIKE YOU ALL KNOW ME AND WHAT IM GOING THRU. I WAS AWAY A FEW DAYS A THE SLEEPING WAS BAD. THX GAIL