~~~~~~~Arrhythmias~~~~~~~~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IngaDinga, Mar 23, 2003.

1. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

I was having a good day. Took my daughter to the St Patricks Parade and we were having a wonderful time. Right in the middle of it my heart just went haywire. Beating erratic and seemed slow and then fast. I almost blacked out. It passed in about 10 seconds and then I was fine though my mood was very down and I could enjoy nothing. I am very afraid and sad.
    I have been unwell for 15 years. I have autonomic problems with my BP dropping when i stand and I have had arrhythmias on and off through this whole time. I have had about 5 severe arrhythmias (like todays) in this time. I have been through EP studies and holter monitors all to no avail.

Anyway........ anyone else go through this?

2. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Last week I had this 1 day off and on all day. It is a part of dysautonomia. System is under great stress being stuck in the flight or fright. I get it alot when I lay down which is when our system is trying to equalize out but can`t just from change in position. As I mentioned to you it is complicated and not sure how much they know yet. It is scary. I always wonder if the lyme is affecting the heart which is common. How have your appts. been? I did doxy and am still ill.. But did not get I.V. to start I was sick on treatment. Now none of my doc`s address this. Do not have any on my list to help. Sort of in limbo. Hope Iyou get the help you need. Thinking of you. Sweet Hugsss...

I have not been well at all...
  3. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

I just started the IV Lyme treatment last week and could possibly be feeling worse due to that. I just don't know. I have an appoimtment with my cardiologist next month. But honestly they have tested me upside down and sideways already and not found much. I have never worn a holter monitor when was having an 'episode' though so..... who knows?

I also have an appointment coming up in June with a doc that specializes in Dysautonomia. Maybe he will understand mysituation better?

Thinking of you.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I passed my stress test with flying colors, so I try not to let it worry me. As I've improved my overall health, they have been fewer and farther in between.

Love, Mikie
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

The things that have helped the most are:
    1. avoid crowded and noisy places (like parades) as much as possible, as the overstimulation can trigger the attacks.
    2. Take at least 60 mgs. COQ10 every morning with a little fat.
    3. Take at least 350 mgs. Magnesium every evening.
    4. Drink at least a quart of H20 daily for every 50 lbs. you weigh.
    5. use salt liberally.
    6. Eat a high protein/low carb diet to minimize attacks of hypoglycemia, which make this worse and can even cause it.
    7.If you do all of the above and still have a lot of problems, ask your doctor about taking Florinef. (You cannot take it if you have high blood pressure).
    I empathize with you,
    Klutzo