arthralgia exists

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smiffy79, Aug 4, 2005.

1. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i spoke a while ago after my mri said i didnt have ms yay!
    but the neuro did say i had me and arthralgia-i thought he was taking the - well you get the picture - i started looking online and its real!

i have the same pain and symptoms as arthritis w/out the swelling.

so there you have it,if you are ever told you have arthralgia dont get up and slap the poor guy he is telling the truth.

i am now on nsaids but my gp now wants to change my pain killers from morphine to something else.dont know to what yet but to something different.
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I get that too, but it's all part of the fibro syndrome. I'd highly recommend enzymes to replace your NSAIDS and ASA, they work much better and have other benefits like improved digestion and cleaning up your cellular debri.

I haven't replaced my narcotic yet, I still need it sometimes, but I use so much less painkiller overall, since I've been able to completely kick out ibuprofen and ASA, and acetaminephen most of the time.

aloe vera can be a great aid too, esp. if you have digestive/bloating issues. And many have had great success w/ glucosamine and chondroiton for joint repair, that's if it's really your joints.

Jeanne
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

smiffy79:
    It is all news to me. Thanks for sharing it.
    NyroFan
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

are given Smiffy. I have morphine based tablets too to take when I'm at my worst.

I agree with Jeanne that its probably another symptom of CFS / Fibro or another name.

Rosie
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

there is an organisation named "pain concern" they lobby on wide spread pain disorders i have had a quick look around the website but didnt stay long,might be worth a look?

smiff
  6. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i am on morphine mst at 20mg in the morning and reduced to 10 mg at night then 30mg of amitriptyline at night and constipation gloop thanks to the mst!
    the only new med is 400mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day so 1200mg a day.does that sound a lot?

thing is i said to my dr-as fm does not cause swelling and 'arthralgia' does not cause swelling then why the anti imflammitorys?

smiffy

duh,ive just realised you said what meds you are given,sorry.

when i am changed i will post back
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2005]