arthritis and pregnancy

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by mery411, Feb 24, 2004.

1. mery411

mery411 New Member

Hello well this is my first time writting. I am trying to get pregnant as we speak and last time I saw my Obgyn he said I can be on most of my meds wich are vioxx, zoloft, flexiril, and enbrel. I suffer from Fibromyalgia and Reumatoid arthritis. My question is if anybody took meds during pregnancy and what was the outcome. I am in extreme pain when I go off the meds but I am scared of what they can do to the baby. Well thanks.. Mery
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Welcome to the boards. This is a great place to share information or just get a pep talk. It has been a long time since I was pregnant, but I can tell you that the pregnancy wasn't the problem. I was able to stop all meds. during the pregnancy. It was the medicine that the OB gave me to make the contractions harder while I was in labor that caused my body to have a major flare up. I think they called it "pit"; I'm sure that must be an abbreviation for some drug. My rheumatologist was not happy that they gave this drug to me. My arthritis definitely got worse after the pregnancy. Just because my arthritis got worse after the pregnancy doesn't mean that your arthritis would get worse. We are all so different even though we have the same disease. These are tough decisions to make. My thoughts and prayers are with you.