Arthritis, Fibromyalgia Study Seeks Volunteers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ephemera, Mar 7, 2006.

1. ephemera

ephemera New Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS?

I wrote to them & will share what details they send me.
    I deleted the contact info per this board's rules, but you can find the study on google with the title & Stanford University. I got this notice from another source, so the spacing isn't the best.

Arthritis, Fibromyalgia Study Seeks Volunteers

MONDAY, March 6, 2006 (HealthDay News) -- U.S. researchers are seeking volunteers to take part in a study of a mail-based, self-management arthritis care program.

People aged 18 and older with arthritis, fibromyalgia or joint pain are invited to take part in the yearlong study of the "Arthritis Yes I Can!" program, being conducted by researchers at Stanford University School of
    Medicine and the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.

Volunteers must by willing to spend eight to 12 hours in self-study over four to six weeks. The program is designed to enhance regular medical treatment by providing patients with the knowledge and skills they need to lead healthy lives. It does not conflict with existing treatments or
    programs.

The program toolkit includes: tips sheets on topics such as pain, exercise and fatigue; relaxation and exercise CDs; and a new edition of The Arthritis Handbook, which is also available in Spanish. The tool kit and study
    questionnaires will be mailed directly to study participants at no cost to them.

The "Arthritis Yes I Can!" program addresses the following areas: Techniques to deal with problems such as pain, fatigue, frustration and isolation; Exercises for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance; Appropriate use of medications; Effective communication with family, friends and health professionals; Healthy eating; Planning to take action.

2. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

3. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I got an email back. They said they were putting names together for the wait list. If they send info I'll share it.