Arthritis Foundation? Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunshyne1027, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I went to the Arthritis Foundation today. First I talked to them on the phone, and they offered me all sorts of help. They were so nice, LOL.. I went in to say hi, and it was great! They loaned me a cane, I am having problems with walking steps and curbs. So that helped alot! I also got all sorts of pamplets, books, they have book loans too on conditions. I got a list of places that offer water aroebics and found one on the list too, the Arthritis foudnation offered that too. They have a support group that meets once a month. I am going to try it out. The branch I am going to got a huge donation for costly scripts, and I got paperwork filled out on that, and so got help with the purchasing of some meds for Arthritic conditions. They offer self help courses also for Fibromyalgia and other related conditions.

I got the form for a placard for handicapped parking, and I go pick it up in the morning.

There is definitly help out there, just got to go find it. Got to go do it too, if needing help to get this help, ask a family member or a friend to help you.

2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so glad you got some much needed help! Keep your post bumped up, I know there are many others here could use some help like you received too.

Take care, and again this is great news!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I read a post a few days ago and about how United Way has tons of websites, numbers, etc.. and to do a search on your city. I found the Arthritis foundation that way! I wrote the number down, called yesterday morning.

I also am going to the welfare department later today. I am no longer working right now, going through the vocational rehab. My hubby is off work too on workers comp, and may not return to work. We need medical coverage help. We have three boys, ages 16,12, and 10. They are covered allready on healthy start.

I think too, after this last bout of a flare, losing another job, things changed in my head. I finally got the nerve, courage and reached out for the help.

Or maybe it was I finally accepted that the Fibro is causing me to become disabled. There is more help out there for people with disabilities.