Arthritis Meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam112361, Jun 12, 2006.

1. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Hi everyone! I'm headed to the doctor shortly and thought I would check with you regarding arthritis meds. My PCP put me on Mobic originally but then my insurance required a change to the med they would cover (Voltaren). I've been on it for 2 months.

I think the Mobic was beginning to stop working when I changed to the Voltaren, but over the last month, my joints have gone back to where I was when I was first diagnosed nearly 3 years ago (I've been in pain for 20+ years).

Does it make sense to anyone else that the Voltaren isn't working AT ALL for me and that I need to go back on the Mobic or onto something else? The doctor said he could request the insurance to pay for any other med since we had tried the one they recommend.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hugs!
    Pam
  2. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Bumping myself. Leaving soon and wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to answer.

Thanks!
    Pam
  3. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Bumping again! Just hoping someone would see this before I leave for the doctor.

Thanks!
    Pam
  4. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Have you tried Celebrex? That's what I take. I also use Fosamax to stop the bone thinning. Not for pain though.
    Hugs Shirley
  5. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I have had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis since I was 4, and have taken many meds for arthritis.

Did you mean that the Mobic was beginning to *start* working for you? I think you accidentally typed beginning to *stop* working. ;) If it was working, I would ask your doctor for some samples and talk to your insurance company and/or get your doctor to write a letter to your insurance company to explain the situation. You definitely should be able to get the medication that helps you!

God bless.
    Julie