Arthritis or ?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by RangerSam, Jun 17, 2009.

1. RangerSam

RangerSam New Member

Hi: I have the start of arthritis in my shoulder but it's my fingers I'm wondering about. While golfing about 3 weeks ago I made a shot and dug the club into the ground and it hurt my fingers. I've had pain in my fingers since (and I don't want to lay off golf) and I can't stop thinking it may be arthritis. It's mostly in my right hand but I feel the pain in the left also. My knuckles really hurt. If you were to get arthritis in your finger, would it show up at the same time in both hands? I'm hoping not and thinking that I just stretched the tendons or something? Thanks for any responses:)
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

if it could be the start of carpal tunnel syndrome. I have CTS in both and i remember back when i felt my fingers just ache with pain.

Maybe it would be helpful for you to sleep with the wrist splints (kinda looks like a glove) but has metal piece inserted. Pharmacy stores have these, this may help you.

Butterflydream
  3. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

ranger sam how are you?
    Im really sorry you have arthritis in your shoulder when didn you get dx?
    Was it your doctor who dx you?
    It sounds like theres a good chance you may have badly straindn y0ur wrist if the pain continues go & see your d0ctor & seen what he or shev says hope you get sorted out soon.
    Let me know how you get on.
    Do y0u hav FMS?
    Take care.
    Fibrolady37

4. RangerSam

RangerSam New Member

Hmmm? Never thought of CTS? Thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 06/19/2009]
  5. RangerSam

RangerSam New Member

Had Xray on shoulder and it's just starting:( I don't have FMS. Just taking it easy on the fingers and see? Regards and thanks, RS
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 06/19/2009</i>]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/19/2009]
  6. paintered

paintered New Member

Have you seen a doctor? how old are you and do you what kind of arthritis it is?
    However it could go to both hands in time or it could move up to your wrist and get very painful. If you havent seen a doctor you need to do so right away.
    Ed
  7. RangerSam

RangerSam New Member

Seeing the Doctor next week, Thnx, RS