Artichoke girl MP Q?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tjsmom, Apr 20, 2007.

1. tjsmom

tjsmom New Member

Hi! Kim here, TJ's mom - we too are seeing doc Shliffer! We are hoping to start the MP for TJ very soon - first heparin though to thin his blood - how is the MP going for you? Any advice/experience for TJ before he starts the benicar?
    thnks,
    Kim
  2. artichokegirl

artichokegirl New Member

MP has gone really smoothly for me so far. I've had some minor herxing- mouth sores, lightheadedness, appetite fluxations- but definitely tolerable. They come and go and it has been really no big deal. I follow a pretty strict meat, veggies, fruit, and nuts diet, but have actually been able to eat some of the things that were food sensitivities for me before. I have had great improvements in sleep and joint pain. Benicar made me feel much better overall, which is a perspective I didn't read about very often. I am still in Phase 1, so I'm still really new. But, my experiences have been really positive so far.

I think the scariest part was before I began the MP- reading about intolerable herxes, etc... It has been much easier for me and I hope it is for TJ as well.

Dr. Shlifer has been really helpful. She's a great person to see as she has done the protocol herself and has seen many others do it under her care as well.

Best of luck to you and your son. I hope MP can be wildly successful for him! Take care. AG