Article about fibromyalgia, CFS on front page of local paper re:

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bluemoon1monday, Apr 1, 2007.

1. bluemoon1monday

bluemoon1monday New Member

Local paper has a large front page article about people in our community with fibromyalgia and CFS and how it has affected their lives. Also, what doctors and others are doing to help treat.

It is in the lakeland ledger (Lakeland,Fl)online. Please read if you have opportunity. It is in today's paper (Sunday,April 1st)

I don't come to board so often now, I am feeling better and try to live life as much as possible.

Take Care,
    BlueMoon
  2. desertlass

desertlass New Member

Thanks for coming back on here. I am so glad to know that you are feeling better. That is so encouraging to everyone. I clicked on your profile, and wow-- you really have been away for a while. I can undertand. That's so nice of you to let us know about the article. It figures it would come out on April Fool's day. ;)

Can you tell us a little more about your remission story, or anything you feel comfortable sharing about why you feel that you are better?

best wishes,
    Lisette
  3. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

thx for takin the time to write.
    Its wonderful that people who are feeling good to take the time to do that once in a while! Sooo happy you are enjoying life! Right on :)
    Thx again
  4. bluemoon1monday

desertlass,monicaz49 and goldyfm. It was good you read and enjoyed the articles. The wave of awareness is finally happening!

My road to getting better has been a long one like many others. I tried a lot of things, including the guaiac protocol, unfortunately, it was not of any help for me but others swear by it. I think the reason it did not help me is because my fibromyalgia started with life altering events back to back (major surgery and major car accident)and not so much with the invasion or being subjected to microorgans,etc.

Supplements I take on daily basis:
    Garlic
    Zinc
    Flax Seed Oil
    Cinnamon
    GABA
    Magnesium
    Cranberry
    Acidophilus
    Vitamin C
    MSM w/glucosamine
    Selenium
    Resveratrol
    Calcium
    Fish Oil
    Chromium Picolinate
    Pantothenic Acid
    I prefer not to give amounts taken, as a registered nurse I always want people to talk with their health care provider before starting on supplements.

I "exercise" daily by moving my arms, legs stretching gently, slowly while projecting in my mind that I am working out on various exercise machines in a gym. lol, some great looking guys come to this gym!

I meditate daily. I can be at the beach, hearing the sound of the waves, feel the sun on my body giving me strength in a matter of seconds.

Keep stress to a minimum. For me this involved looking at things in positive ways, such as when my body feels like it has been run over by a semi-truck I get up hunt and find that D... truck down and well, you get the picture.

Hope this helps even a little for someone.

UPDATE! Another front page story in Lakeland Ledger online again today. Please, please read.

Take Care
    Bluemoon

5. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I read the artical and it was great. I e-mailed it to friends and family with an attached note of my own and I wrote a letter to the editor of our local paper to read and get the word out.

A lady was mentioned in the artical from Davenport witch is where i sent the artical for our local paper to. So sad that she had to be interviewed in Florida to get the word out. well see if our paper responds.

Thank you for giving this imformation so we can help get the word out.
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Thanks for sharing.. we need more like this!
  7. bluemoon1monday

I have read the articles several times from both days. I cry each time. Tears of relief that people are maybe finally getting it and then for the stories in the articles and for myself. Make sense?

Take Care
    Bluemoon
  8. Didoe

Didoe New Member

This is a really postive article, thanks for posting it.

I dont know if it'll help my employer "get it" but it's recent and well researched and written, so maybe something will sink in.
  9. ptgibbs

ptgibbs New Member

Thanks, this is a very good article, and so true. I hope and pray that Doctors will begin to understand, be interested in helping. I also agree that most people that I know that have Fibro. have Type A personailty, are not lazy, and want to work.
    thanks for sharing this article, and I am glad you are feeling better.
    Pat in Texas