article about FMS and TMJ

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Dec 9, 2002.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

An article in the ImmuneSupport weekly newsletter about fibromyalgia and TMJ talked about similarities between the two illnesses, and the correlation between them. I'd be interested in other people's thoughts on this subject. Did anyone else read this article? It was in the newsletter a couple of weeks ago. I just read it today. It's in the ImmuneSupport library, immunesupport.com/library/print.cfm?ID=4118.

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

An article in the ImmuneSupport weekly newsletter about fibromyalgia and TMJ talked about similarities between the two illnesses, and the correlation between them. I'd be interested in other people's thoughts on this subject. Did anyone else read this article? It was in the newsletter a couple of weeks ago. I just read it today. It's in the ImmuneSupport library, immunesupport.com/library/print.cfm?ID=4118.

Peace,
    Beth.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I've not read this particular one, but have read many about the connection. I believe that 25% of Fibro patients have TMJ problems.
    I have had my dentist and orthodontist both tell me that I would not have the TMJ without the FMS. They point out that I have had a bad bite all my life, but it never hurt me until I got FMS. Then I became hypersensitive in that area as in so many others.
    Klutzo