Article, different perspective on Guaifenesin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kbak, Dec 5, 2006.

1. kbak

kbak Member

This is a rather long article on Guaifenesin, but very interesting.

http://web.mit.edu/london/www/guai.html
  2. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

so i can read later
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Mark London has no medical qualifications. Dr St Amand has been working with fibro & CFS patients for 40 years, constantly refining the protocol - he & his children have fibro.

He makes no money from the sale of Guaifenesin, & would be the first to admit he is not sure exactly how the Guai works - he just knows from experience that it does if the protocol is followed exactly. All the money he is ever going to make from me is from the royalties of his book. Some protocols cost thousands; Guaifenesin is quite cheap.

I know who I'm going to believe. The Guaifenesun protocol is no picnic, but it's giving me back my life.

Mark London's article may put people off trying the one thing that may help them. Most of the 'side effects' of Guai are the reverse cycing as the phosphates leave our bodies, & yes - it hurts (but so does fibro).
    [This Message was Edited on 12/06/2006]
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Actually I didn't post this as an anti Gaui thing. I just like to read the pro's and con's of different issues. I use Gaui. The author isn't against Gaui, he does tell you the positive aspects of it. He just sees it in a different light.

kbak

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have always suspected that the Guai works for additional (or other) reasons than that theorized by Dr. St. Amand. It's merely intellectual curiosity and a moot topic because my FMS symptoms have been reversed by the Guai. The proof is in the pudding. It would be nice to know why it works but the fact that is has worked for me is what is of the utmost importance.

It is good to look at treatment options from different perspectives before making a decision. With the Guai, one has very little to lose and everything to gain by trying it; however, if one isn't willing to abide strictly by the rules, the treatment can fail. It takes commitment and patience but I believe it is well worth the effort. When patients have professional support and treatment, the reversal rate goes way up. One can do the treatment on one's own, with one's doc's approval; I did.

Love, Mikie