ARTICLE IN HEALTH MAG> ABOUT DISCOUNT ON MASSAGES<ETC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IngyW68, Aug 26, 2003.

1. IngyW68

IngyW68 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I just got my monthly Health magazine and there is an article on page 187 all about cutting Medical costs which is something we all struggle with. I am currently paying $700 a month just for my husband and myself for Cobra insurance since I had to leave my full time job! :(

THe article gives many helpful ways to cut costs and talks about Cigna and Aetna's Healthy Rewards program which offers 25% off accupuncture and massages and saving 49% off of vitamins, etc. I used to get monthly massages when I was working full time and could afford it and it really helped with the muscle pain but live in Northern Va where the going rate is $75-100 an hour for a massage and now can't afford it. But, I just looked it up online and called the women who is in the program nearest me (no extra cost for these benefits) and scheduled a massage on my b-day 9-11 at only $45 an hour. All I have to do is fill out a form and show my card. There are no limits on how many times you can use this!

Just wanted to share in case you have either of the insurances or want to call your own insurance company to see if they offer anything like that.

Take care,

Ingrid