Article in this month's SELF magazine

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by desertlass, Jun 6, 2008.

1. desertlass

desertlass New Member

http://www.self.com/livingwell/articles/2008/05/0519lymedisease

Hi, all

My mom saw this at her workplace and saved the issue for me. Happily, it is also on their online site.

Take care,
    Lisette
  2. Junegal

Junegal New Member

My friend saw it at her hairdresser. She brought the article home (with her hairdresser's blessing!) and said I needed to read it. She knew I was suffering from "CFS" for 1.5 years and not getting better.

It prompted me to request my first ever Lyme test and here I am. Just got a positive result (I think?) yesterday.

Thank you Self. You may have given me my life back. Hopefully soon.
  3. desertlass

desertlass New Member

That was quick!

So, June really is your month!

Out of curiosity which lab did you get tested through?

Since you haven't been sick for very long, you have really good chances of making a full recovery.

Good luck!
    Lisette
  4. Junegal

Junegal New Member

On January 1st of this year I said I was going to get well-- it was my resolution. I would not go down without a fight dealing with this "CFS" and was pushing forward trying to find answers. I am hoping and praying the answer is Lyme.

I am not happy to have Lyme, just happy that there could be hope for me out there, hope for me to get my life back.

I think I am on the right track now. I am grateful for my friends who stuck by my side (not many) and the internet. Without the people on the internet, I wouldn't learn what I learn about this nasty disease and be able to push forward for answers.

We are all going to get well. We are all stronger than we think and unfortunately stronger than we ever wanted to be. *We will not go down without a fight*
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I read the article last night after you brought it to our

attention. Seems that there is always something to learn

and ,in this case, derive inspiration and hope from too!

Thanks again!
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2008]