Artists Inspiration Week 3/14 through 3/20

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OrchidDave, Mar 13, 2005.

1. OrchidDave

OrchidDave New Member

Here's a new creation for ya'all!! Enjoy...and if you have pictures or art to share, upload it to your profile picture & post a heads up in this thread. Let's make this grow.

~Dave'O
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I love how the moon is so translucent. Is this supposed to be earth? It almost looks like another planet.

Ellen
  3. OrchidDave

OrchidDave New Member

This image with a 3d landscape program called Mojoworld and yes it's of another world...far, far away! It's all created by the computer, no photos or anything 'real' used in the creation.

Glad you like it!

~Dave'O
  4. OrchidDave

OrchidDave New Member

You can save it to your desktop....just right click on the image and hit 'save as background' or 'set as wallpaper' etc.

~Dave'O
  5. OrchidDave

OrchidDave New Member

I'm on a roll...created 8 new pictures in the past 2 days. Here's my favorite. Created on the same green planet as my last image. In case you are wondering what I mean by planet, the program I use builds a world on a sphere much like earth. I create the landforms, the textures that cover the land, the clouds and atmosphere, the moon(s), everything...and when it's done I can fly around my planet in real time and stop anywhere I want and create a scene or render what's already present. Rendering is what the computer does when it 'paints' the image. This new image I used a more transparent & reflective ocean material, thus creating the glassy waters.
    For those of you that do not know about me & my art. I was a landscape gardener and organic farmer for many years before my FM got so bad I could not do physical labor. I suddenly found myself with no job & nothing to do with all the time on my hands. I needed a distraction, but a healthy one. 1st I started making collages with magazines I got out of the local recycling center, spending many hours cutting out pictures with scissors and gluing them on foam core boards. Over about a year I created 150 collages ranging in size from 12" x 12" to 3' x 4'. One of my dearest friends I'll ever have(he died almost 3 years ago)suggested I get into computer graphics. When he built himself a new computer he gave me his old one. That was in 1996...he taught me how to turn it on & turn it off & how to use the web. The rest I taught myself. Now I have built myself my own 'hotrod' graphics machine and use the gifted computer for my internet use. I now have taught myself how to use about 25 different graphics applications, my main one being Mojoworld 3.0 Pro. I can now create places I'd rather be than in pain & share them with you so that you may escape as well.
    So as you can see my FMS gave me a gift...the gift of art. For that I am most grateful & now that the Roshi is healing my FMS I have a skill I can use to become un-disabled and self supporting. That is my goal.
    I am very happy to share my art with all of you. If it puts a smile on your face & in your heart, then I have accomplished much! Perhaps it will inspire you to express your pain through art as well.If I can do it...you can too....and to think I never graduated high school!! LOL

Enjoy.....~Dave Orchid
  6. OrchidDave

OrchidDave New Member

Bump! Noticed this had gotten 3 pages back and wanted to let others see my latest image as well as my explanation of how I found my artistic abilities.

~Dave'O
  7. lbuchanan3

lbuchanan3 New Member

Hi Dave,

I love your work, it was breathtaking.

I was and art major in college did a lot of drawing and painting and eveb worked for a long time as a graphic designer. These days I can no longer use my hands to paint or draw, but I have started playing with polymer clay.

I just finished my first sculpture ever. It is on my profile picture now. It is called "Grandma said she'd go fishing when the pigs fly". You will notice that grandma never goes anywhere without her tasteful strand of pearls and she came ready with her bag of apples for bate. Sure enough she caught a flying pig. My husband made a little man to sit on her hot air balloon basket because "every old lady needs her little man to watch after her and protect her". That is sure what he does for me these days.

She came to me in a dream, one in which I was missing my old life free of pain. In my dream I saw my life and my desires as being fleeting and about as real as flying pigs. The next day I was reading about this being the year of the pig on the chinese calendar, and it was March and womens history month. I wanted to do something to bring my dream about flying pigs and women togather and this is what I came up with.

Hope you enjoy
    Linda B