As If I Don't Have Enough Medical Problems Now One More

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Jun 30, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

As if I don't have enough medical problems, my doctor called me today and said he had the results of my recent blood work done .....

My hemaglobin (?sp) was low which meant that I am losing blood somewhere in my body.

I need to go in for more blood work and pick up a stool stample card.

Ugh!!!

I haven't even recovered from my knee surgery yet!!!!!!!!!
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I'll say some prayers thatit isn't too serious.Keep us posted O'k?(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))Linda
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm so sorry hon, you are having these problems. Saying prayers for everything to be okay. You surely are having a string of problems lately.

Are you post menopausal? I had a hysterectomy (partial) in 1992. I was having a lot of blood loss due to a fibroid. Because I had my tubes tied in 1980, I didn't want anymore children anyway.

Took a bit to convince the insurance company that I needed the hysterectomy back then.

Good luck and let us know what is going on. I think of you often.

Love,
    Faye
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sounds like they are looking for possible ulcers or polyps in the intestinal tract or stomach...hemmoriods....

i had low hemoglobin caused from a herditary blood disease called spherocytosis...i had t get my spleen and gall bladder removed...felt so much better...i was wiped out plus gall bladder pain for ten years...to get a final dx...

so much better now...

i hope all is well...sometimes our meds make our iron levels go down..

jodie
  5. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hi JLH!

You certainly have been put "through the wringer" with getting this hemoglobin problem on top of your knee surgery.

Hopefully, this will turn out to be an easily resolved situation.

Best wishes!
  6. 1horse

1horse New Member

I agree that it is probably from recent surgery and I hope you start doing better..take care a nd prayers are with you.................Peggy
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so sorry I do hope the cause is something really minor and you can concentrate on recovering.

Love Anne Cromwell
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...to get yet another diagnosis...

I'm going to pray that this is nothing serious. Keep us posted. I hope you are recovering well from your knee surgery, too.

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  9. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

I am sorry to hear that- I will say a prayer for you and know we are here- you guys have helped me alot....

HUGS
    Janet
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

After I gave this matter some thought, I think I know where the blood loss is coming from.

I stay terribly constipated (sorry ...) and will lose blood in my stools.

I think I may have internal hemmoroids that are bleeding, even though I can never feel them.

My mother went to my primary care docs office for me to pick up the lab requests and is going to bring them up and he wants me to get some lab work done (re my iron level, etc.) and she said there was a stool card in the stuff for me.

I'm still not driving, so my mother is bringing the paperwork up to me tomorrow -- my DIL and son are having a cookout for the 4th.

11. kriket

kriket New Member

As they say "when it rains it pours" I will keep you in my prayers. Hopefully it is not too serious and they can figure it out and get it under control. Keep us posted.

Kriket