Asa....a hymn?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by fivesue, Apr 6, 2006.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

"Abide With Me."

With this med change I'm enduring....and it's only the second day and there are many stages to this....I am tired and very down. I know it is medication....but it is still very real.

I love the old hymns. Thank you for this service. May you be blessed playing and reading the words.

Blessings,
    Sue
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am praying for you with this medication change. I know that it is not easy thing to do. But, we will pray!

Also for Cindy....I ask God to give you strength in your efforts each day. I want to praise you for being a ex smoker. God will surely strengthen you.

I have a little box of Promise Portions.
    I pulled this card out today:

The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10

And on the flip side of same card:

"Though there are dangers untold and stern
    confronting me in the way,
    willingly still I go, nor turn, but trust Thee for grace each day."

Mari
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Sue......... Thank you for your kind words. I wish you help and blessings. When you give you receive. It was a perfect hymn for this morning as I need to go to a wake tonight. A lovely woman who started teaching the same year I did, dedicated her life to her parents and her students. Passed at 61 from complications of Lupus.

4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Cindi! What a hard thing to do. I will pray that you will have God's special help in quitting smoking. You can do it with His help...blessings to you.

Asa...I hope you made it through the wake last night. It is comforting to know that God is with us everywhere we go. When we have no strength, he has more than enough.

Mari! That is one of my favorite verses. The Lord is a strong tower.....! It is one we all need to cling to, isn't it? I'm so glad to see you posting again. I know it's hard for you right now. Have been praying for you.

Hate the med change. Have expected that it might be a bit challenging, and it is, but I have that verse, God's presence, and all of you for friends and all of your prayers.

What a blessed person I am.

Love,
    Sue
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

So glad to see you here today! I hope the day goes well for you.

See you later....Mari