Asatrump how are you???????????????

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Dec 1, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hey Asa,

Have you recouperated from your Thanksgiving festivities. I know you are busy. Just wanted to say hi and wondered if you are doing ok. We weathered our first major snow storm today. School was canceled and I have so much stuff do do I am a little stressed. I have a mini Holiday concert on Tuesday but nothing formal. This is with my elementary band.

I heard of tornadoes in the East. How weird is that for December. Probably just as strange as our ice, snow and blizzard with lightning and thunder this morning. Very odd.

Take care. Let us know how you are doing.

Love,
    Nancy
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I had a couple bad pain days right after Thanksgiving, and insomnia is huge right now, but improving for sure. Thank you so much for asking.

I found I was unable to respond to posts when I wasn't feeling up to par...

I am trying to get through my brain to keep a stiff upper lift, and keep going. I have two kids, they each have two best friends. And, each best friend will lose a parent to cancer before the holidays a year from now.

I know more than I care to about cancer and procedures as my family are medical people. Both these people are younger than myself.

Do you ever notice how much you are effected by the death of someone younger than yourself?

Also, I take time each day to reflect as well as pray. For those already gone from me.

I still do my half hour in my hot tub cathedral each morning. Concentrated prayer, and I pray for all those here. Even those not posting with a particular request are having trouble. Tis the season to be merry, but realistically tis the season for family trouble, bills, weather and other disasters and health issues often are put on a back burner until after the holidays.

I have focused very intensly on Tina, my cousin's 30 year old daughter. She has no quality of life with constant migraines, nausea and pain. She has her brothers kidney, and the anti rejection meds are the reason she can not treat bi polar.

I have had periods of depression. But never to the depths of Tina. This is a child I have never met but the family bond is there.

3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

It is good to hear from you. I figured you were either not feeling well or just swamped with Holiday and family things.

Yes, death is hard to filter through my brain at any age. I am so sorry about this young Tina and all she is going through as such a young age. I have prayed for her and will continue to do so.

Thanks for posting for my 94 year old friend. She will be thrilled when she finds out people all over the world have wished her a Happy Birthday. She gets very emotional and I am sure she will cry.

We had a good time today but it was very scary trying to maneuver with her walker in the snow and ice. We ended up having to go to a second restaurant because the first place was just too icy.

It took four of us to get her out of my car and the second restaurant. Thank goodness for people willing to help. She had a good time as she doesn't get out much. She lives in an assisted living place.

Well you take care of yourself and try to get some rest in that cathedral of yours. LOL

Love,
    Nancy
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Bless you for your kindess to this woman. I will email, nothing much , just a busy time.