Ashoks Amygdala retraining... ITS WORKING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by efly, Aug 2, 2008.

1. efly

efly New Member

All I can say is it works.... Every day is an improvement. ITS AMAZING.......
  2. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Hi Efly,

So glad you are feeling improvment. Can you tell me how long you have been doing it and how long it took to notice any difference? Thanks for the info.

LISALOO New Member

I'm starting this week, got everything last week.
  4. getwellgirl

getwellgirl New Member

Hi all

Just to say its helping me too, been doing it 5 weeks now and I am able to do far more physically than for years and have felt much happier and able to deal with whatever life throws at me.

When I get a slump I do the technique and feel better. I have recently had a bad 2 week throat infection that meant I felt very unwell but I didn't get depressed at all cos I knew that anyone with a throat infection would feel as I did. As soon as the antibiotics kicked in I restarted my evening walks and gardening etc but made sure I paced myself too.

Unfortunately it cannot make my body make the cortisol I need so I still have to take that in tablet form every day and my thyroid meds but what it does is help my brain deal with whatever is being thrown at me.

I am hugely impressed by it, I love doing the Soften and Flow technique when I have got horrible pressure or dizziness in my head, it always gets rid of it provided I do it and its so great knowing that. My sleep is much much better too.

Today I went to a Cross Country Horse event, the first time in 10 years and although I got completely knackered by the end it was so good to be there with other normal people. I have had to take 2 extra doses of hydrocortisone (one on arriving and one dose once home) because of the energy I was using up and apart from one bad blood sugar drop I felt good the whole time I was out which was 5 1/2 hours.

I would recommend his technique to anyone who has CFS/ME but I would also ensure they are on the right medication if they have any endocrine abnormalities. One has to get informed about these because so many doctors are completely ignorant about them especially adrenal and thyroid problems.

5. efly

efly New Member

Ive been doing it fo 8 months. Prior to that I was Bedbound for 10 months,and the rest of the last 4.5 yrs house bound.[with crashes of 8 weeks of bedbound at a time]Ive tried lots of things ...but everything made me worse . My body doesnt feel so ravished. I almost feel normal ! I can sleep. and im now starting to walk around my block every second day. ITS FANTASTIC.... no Drugs !. Ashok states its not REVERSE therapy. Cort from phoenix rising is having great improvements.You can read his blog on his web site......
  6. efly

efly New Member

Its hard to describe the treatment. You have to really look at Ashoks understand what hes getting at. Its Ashoks discovery.. so I think we have to give him the credit. He had cfs/me...and took 10 years perfecting this treatment.ITs not hard to do you just have to be very persistant and patient. It wont happen over night... and you have to latch onto even the slightest change... and Go with that. ITS SMALL STEPS AT A Time.

LISALOO New Member

I think it's like a combination of things, working on getting rid of negative thinking, some things like Lightening Process, etc.

If you don't like it you can send it back after 6 months (to evidentally showed you tried) up to 12 months.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2008]
  8. suz9601

suz9601 Member

thanks for the info. I will give it a try.
  9. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

This looks interesting. I'd never even heard of the amygdala before. Thanks for posting-

10. consuegra

consuegra New Member

I went to the CFS/ME viral conference in Baltimore. In one of the breaks, after being bludgeoned by these scientific talks, I went over and sat down with Cort Johnson. I wanted to thank him for all the work he does on our behalf. He mentioned his being in the midst of doing the Amygdala retraining. I was surprised by this at the time (and I only remembered this conversation now that I read your post). Thank you for your report. It has gotten my interest.

[This Message was Edited on 08/05/2008]
  11. moreinfoplease

moreinfoplease New Member

a little bit about specifically how the program works?

I have read general descriptions, but would like to know more about what kinds of exercises I would be doing if I did this program?

Would I be doing relaxation type exercises? Or physcial exercises (ie. yoga)? Or would I be doing journaling?

LISALOO New Member

I'm just learning it but it looks like changing thoughts, both conscious and subconsious. There's writing exercises, relaxation. Nothing physical.

There's mental work to break up how the amygdala is disfunctioning. It's hard to explain, and as I said I just started.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2008]
  13. DMBaken

DMBaken New Member

I am particularly interested in this since Cort is finding it helpful.

14. efly

efly New Member

I think the theory would interest you. Its based on a lot of work done by a Neuroscientist Dr joseph Ledoux. Basically the Amygdala is locked into a pattern of continually stimulating the Sympathetic nervous system and the immune system[24/7]..causing the physical effects of this disease.once that pattern is broken then the body can get on with healing !I feel the brain becomes OVERSTIMULATED while all this is going on[by anything visual, smell, sound , light the body itself etc] and then the brain shutsdown as a protective mechanism.... hence we become bedridden .Its a Neurological disease. ? How Ashok worked it out is amazing... Only if you have the disease can you understand where Ashok is coming from.
  15. Salix

Salix New Member

I've watched the 3 sessions that are available on youtube, and the more I watch the less I feel like it's going to help me. That's partly becuase I don't seem to have many negative thoughts, (I've been recording them as suggested), I find it fairly easy to become engrossed in non-health things, meditate and use visualtions already, and though the are a couple of areas that occasionally send me in to a stress loop, I'm aware of this and have learnt how to break it. As I said this happens rarely with me anyway.

That said, I like to keep an open mind and perhaps there are a few new ideas that would help me, and all help is welcome. So wondering if anyone else watched all the freebies on youtube, felt it wasn't applicable bought the dvds anyway and turned out it was helpful afterall?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/08/2008]
  16. DMBaken

DMBaken New Member

I am giving this some thought.

Its a worry that the comments section is disabled on Youtube. There may be a good reason but it makes you worry. I have had a talk with a retured man from New Zealand and he raved about it. He said I would be mad to not give it a go.

I have not watched the Youtube stuff myself but plan to.

Cort Johnsons review of the recent virus conference has some research that would support this approach. He comments on this at one point (Dr Lloyd). There seems to be some agreement about what part of the limbic system is involved but I'm not sure that is really important. Research from that conference by Dr Kerr also seems to be consistent with this approach.

It is my understanding that much of waht is happening is at an unconscioius level. Therefore you might not be aware of it. Is that correct?

17. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Sorry to go there, but....

I noticed you havent been on this board long and you havent really posted many issues aside from Ashoks program.
    You also dont mention anything about what the program entails, which is interesting.

Were you actually sick with CFS or are you here to promote his product/service?

Excuse me if I'm totally wrong, just noticed that you are fairly new and are keeping what the product offers a secret,. Basically that we need to buy it to find out for ourselves. Just makes me suspicious.

I actually hope it did work for you. I have looked into it a bit and find it interesting to know that dysfunction to a part of the brain may play a role in CFS. So thanks for bringing that to our attention at least.

*Waiting to get bashed...
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2008]
  18. DMBaken

DMBaken New Member

Hi Monica

Sorry but I am unsure who you are talking about?

Your post follows mine but I have been a member since 15/7/08

19. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Sorry for the confusion, not you.
    I was just replying to the poster, efly.
    I know its not a kind thing to do, but I cant help it. There's no detail about the program mentioned whatsoever. Anyone would naturally post at least a general idea of the program if you truly want to help others here.

20. efly

efly New Member

Im really just offering information which helped me dramatically. I have NO connection to Ashok.
    .Everything I tried in the past made me worse....bedridden for the past 10 months . . This has been a major change. I WOULD FEEL DREADFUL if I didn't offer this news to anyone who suffers from this awful disease. You all have a choice to try it or not. Im not explaining the program because i don't feel a few words would give it justice..... You need to see the whole concept of what Ashok is getting at to understand what measures you need to put into place to get better. Goodluck efly