ashtok's amygdala anyone tried it??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tamsyn, May 29, 2008.

1. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Has anyone bought, used, or tried the program about retraining your amygdala to recover from CFS?? I can see how it mgiht help somewhat, yet tere are so many 'break through' ideas and 'cures' that I am skeptical about spending too much money on new things. You can view this new theory at ashtok's amygdala site. It could be great but it could just be a rhash of meditation and yoga stuff. And I wonder how it varies from neurofeedback (anyone tried that either??) Thanks!
  2. efly

efly New Member

Hi Tamsyn,
    Ive been on the Ashoks training for over 6 months now. Ive been bed ridden and housebound most of the time since contracting cfs.. Being on his program I have noticed marked improvements. Although Im not out of the woods yet. I still have a long way to go. It takes persistence and patience,but I feel in time it will help .[ I probably haven't been as diligent as i should have been] I think his theory is pretty sound ????[ it has been published],based on some recent work done by a Joseph Ledoux, all to do with the Brain.Cort Johnson is using it [from phoenix rising website] and is writing a progressive blog about it.Ashok has had cfs himself..... ? Good luck
  3. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

I've not changed much of anything else except added a glutathion MLM (multiple level marketing) supplement and Ashok's program. I am feeling better, stronger, sleeping better, less brain frog, less twitching. less eye pain. Lossed vision has not improved yet. Oh yes, and one bizarre thing- I had this little pimple like raised bump on one the soft skin areas under one of my eyes for at least two years. It has disappeared and my skin/face has been extremely clear/no breakouts!. I have had to travel quite a bit for work the past month and faired well. I even had some dental work done (starting to remove amalgams.. started with easy tooth) and even faired well through that. I don't think it is the supplements , but continuing them as well. I think it is making difference. I'm not out of the woods yet, but happy with the improvement thus far. I work full time(from home mostly) so it is difficult for me to do as much and as many exercises as I am supposed to be doing and also I do have stress since I am working full time/professional computer sales career... but I do feel calmer, more centered even with work stress since starting the program. Not sold yet, but positive so far on results and I think his theories describe me exactly. It's like he's in my head! He definitely understands what is in the heads of CFS/FMS patients! The program is good quality and worth it for the meditation training alone in my opinion. I'll report in /in a couple of months.
  4. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

Here's a log someone kept:
  5. efly

efly New Member