Ashtoks' amygdala retraining

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tamsyn, Oct 6, 2009.

1. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Hi! I have recently sent for the Amygdala retraining program from London UK. I would be interested to know if anyone else here has tried it. Even though we all know without a doubt that our illness is a physical thing, this program might offer us some mental calming and fortitude to help us deal with the illness. I have long ago given up hoping for 'a cure' (and I am very supsicious of those who claim to have been cured since I have tried just about everything without getting 'cured.') However, I belive that some healing is possible and I am lookng forward to giving Dr Ashtok's program a good try. He says he had CFS himself. Does anyone have any experience with this program??
  2. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Good for you Tamsyn..Your thoughts and feelings resonate with me at the moment..Please don't feel you have to police me for saying that GAp...

I know my stress response is over the top and sometimes I think I should do something about it..Keep us posted.

Ask any vet about the effects of stress on an animals physical condition.
    This subject is such a mine field..I understand why but I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

3. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Thanks for your support! I have wanted to try this program for some time but haven't had the $$ to purchase it. Now that I've actually ordered it, I am very much looking forward to trying it. I'll put up some posts when I have anything to report! Hopefully it will help my mind stop spinning so I can sleep.
  4. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

See if you can find the old posts. The Hunter Hopkins clinic seems to advocate it (Dr. Lapp, and especially his partner, Dr. Black). He was going to do a study on Amygdala Retraining, but of course noone would fund the study. The vote is out as far as I'm concerned, not having done it.