ASI test and physician treatment?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IowaMorningGlory, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. IowaMorningGlory

    IowaMorningGlory New Member

    I went back to previous posts but did not find what I was looking for. I could have missed it, so if I did maybe someone can help me out.

    What I am wondering is:
    1) I am going to request my physician do an ASI test and hormone panel.
    2) If results are abnormal what would be the suggested physician ordered treatments?
    3) I cannot afford supplements, vitamins, etc. so wondering what physicians office can do.
    4) What has worked for others, depending on results?

    Thank you for any input, would be really appreciated.
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie :)
  2. IowaMorningGlory

    IowaMorningGlory New Member

  3. PVLady

    PVLady New Member

    So sorry your post was missed. I hope someone can answer now.

  4. PVLady

    PVLady New Member

    Bumping for more response
  5. elliespad

    elliespad Member

    My guess is mainsteam docs will do nothing about low adrenal cortisol, UNLESS in full blown Addisons disease. And I believe mainsteam medicines' answer to all female hormone disorders is "Birth Control Pills". And maybe some Pregnant Horse Urine. (Premarin) They don't use Compounded Cortisol or Thyroid, and are actually taught against Bio-Identical Hormones. The downside to supplements is that they are not covered by insurance. Really a shame. They will pay thousands for drugs and surgery each month, but not a dollar for vitamins.

[ advertisement ]