Asking for prayer for my son...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Sep 20, 2005.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I couldn't find the prayer night thread.
    My son is due to start college today and his CFS is acting up. He has a headache and upset stomach, plus he may be coming down with a cold. It's so hard to get him feeling any better...we are waiting for a dentist to see him to remove his fillings and replace them with composites. So I don't know what else to do for him.

College should be an exciting time for him, but he's still sick. He'll be living at home and attempting to do full-time school. I'm wondering if he'll be able to keep up the pace.

Thanks for your prayers.
    Terri
  2. vbrown

vbrown New Member

I will pray for your son. I know it will be hard for him but he's young and can maybe handle more than we can, but that said, he must be a real trooper to handke all this!! Be proud of him and pray for him every day!
  3. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Must be tough to be so young and have to battle this crummy disease, when everyone else is out having a great time, celebrating their independence!!

You bet, I'll be praying for him! Let us know how things go for him, ok? Good luck! PG
  4. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I agree that it is hard to see young people suffer- especially when things should be exciting and fun. It's also hard for them to get support from their peers, who have not yet encountered a reason to have to slow down themselves.
  5. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I am keeping him in my prayers and thoughts.
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

and in my thoughts
    Sue
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

have you informed the college administration of your son's condition? They should take his illness into consideration when he misses classes and when he may find it hard to keep up.

I think I already told you that my daughter managed her degree with CFS and is now doing a masters. It hasnt been easy for her and she wasnt able to enjoy the social side as much as she would have liked.

I hope your son's CFS goes into remission and he that he does have an exciting time at college. He is a very brave lad.

love
    Rosie

8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

for your good wishes and prayers. I'm a firm believer in prayer and having more praying for you is a better thing than praying alone.

Rosiebud...we have alerted the director of admissions about his CFS, but now he'll have to tell each of his teachers. If I know him, this will be the hard part. At least he could email them...

He had a good first day!
    Terri