Asking for Prayers for My Husband

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by LuvMeCritters, Aug 28, 2002.

1. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Hello,
    My husband has had back pain for quite some time and he is on hydrocodone, and soma. Monday morning he woke up barely able to move, but went to work anyway. He's the only one working, since I've recently retired and am awaiting disability approval from the Postal Service. So everything is on him financially. He works very hard. He's a mason. The work is extremely hard on his back. Well, yesterday I had to take him to the ER, where they gave him a shot of demerol, and stronger drugs for pain. Today I had to take him for an Emergency MRI, X-ray of his pelvis, and X-ray of his shoulder. He can't move at all. And the pain that was radiating down his left leg is gone, but now he has no feeling at all in that leg. Our doctor seems to think maybe one of his organs is pushing on his spine causing this terrible pain in his lower back. I am asking for prayers for my husband Todd. He is in so much pain. I dropped him off at his mother's house today, so she can take care of him for a couple of days. It was just too much for me, as I'm going thru a flare right now with my FM. He is a good man who has worked thru his pain, until it layed him up. Please pray that he will recover soon and that nothing serious will be found on his tests. My 21 year old son moved in with us to help out financially. He has been a blessing both financially and emotionally for me. But he can't handle all the bills himself. Thank you so much for prayers. I know God will watch over us all, but prayers can work miracles. I have witnessed that before. Thank you all.

Bless You,

Regina
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

What a sad story you have just written here. My heart goes out to you and your Todd and that wonderful son you have.

I will surely be in prayer for Todd, what a terrible thing to happen to him.

Also prayer for you SSD that is gets approved soon.

The Lord has His hand in this trial you all are going through, and He will be right there with all of you.

I have lived with back pain for the better part of my adult life, so I know his pain.

Will pray untill I heard that all is well with your huband.

God's many blessings going your way.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2002]
  3. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

for the kind words and prayers. No new news as of yet. He's still at his mom's giving me another day to regenerate. Thanks again. It's very much appreciated!

Regina