Asking for prayers in deep depression

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Jul 7, 2006.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Please pray for this long state of depression I've been in. It's been so severe - I've just been trying to hold on to God, and to believe that he's holding on to me.

Love, Judy
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Judy, I am so sorry to hear you are in deep depression. I pray you will feel better soon and that God will help you through this. I am sure He will.

It is all done in His time not ours. We must wait for Him.

Many, many prayers for you to be uplifted!

Love & prayers to you,
    Faye
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

My dear friend,

I have had you on my mind for days. I ask God to be with you. I know depression. It is a black hole, but we can get relief. I could not take any antidepressants. I asked God to please lift me and I am much better. Yes, I feel it from time to time, but it is controllable.

I am asking in the Name of Jesus...right now for help for my friend Judy. Dear God, she is always there for others and so unselfish. Please hear my prayer to touch her and bring her peace.

Judy, as you go to bed tonight try to lie there and call on the name of Jesus. Simply call the name. It helps.
    Satan hates the name of Jesus,. He will have to flee when you call that Name.

I care and believe for your peace in this.

Love...Mari
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I just say.jesus,plaese walk with me and I feel a huge sense of relaxation.Linda
  5. tlayne

tlayne Member

I am asking Jesus to hold you in his loving and healing arms, and to lift this dark cloud of depession. Please just know that he has you in his arms, and that he loves you unconditionally. You are loved here too! Love & blessings, Tam
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Hello dear. I am all too familiar with depression. At the moment I am taking an AD that helps greatly.

I will pray for you. I also ask you to seek an anti depressant. I know my life would be very dark and scary without mine.

Been there. by the way I take an ancient anti depressant called maprotaline. Yes I gained weight, but it is a small price for the lifting of the depression. Other drugs did not work for one reason or another. This one does not kick in my IBS or ulcer.

A special hug Judy dear. You are not alone, you need prayer but also some medication. I ask that God open a window that you may see some light coming through this bad time.
  7. caffey

caffey New Member

Hugs are being sent your way. Father I just ask that hold Judy really tight. Help her to just rest in You and feel Prescence and your peace. Please shine Your light into her darkness and help her to know that this to shall pass. Amen.
    Do you have some good Christian music you can listen to?
    Cath
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I was wanting to check on you this morning. Hope that you are feeling better.

I was reading the other posts on here... and I hope that I didn't come across in any way to make you think that I didn't agree with antidepressants. That certainly isn't the case. If you need them and you can tolerate them...I think that would be so helpful. I just said that about the antidepressants because I can't take them.

Hope to hear that you are feeling better today.

Love....Mari
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

Dear Mari and EVERYONE,

Just a quick word to thank my wonderful spiritual family here!!! Amazingly, I woke up with my depression lifted. I dreamed a lot, and then needed to grieve over some very sad losses of people I love but can't see because they are so abusive.

God used your prayers that way - the dreams, the grieving, the clinging to God I did.

Will write more later - can't stay awake any longer. Love you all, and thank God MIGHTILY for each one!!!

With love to each one of you!
    Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/11/2006]
  10. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

please hang on .I was so depressed last spring I didn"t think I"D ever get over it. you all prayed for me and I hug on to Gods word and I feel alittle better.

I still have depression once in awhile but just ask God to lift me up. and it does help.

So I"m glad your feeling alittle better , someone told me once God is never early and God is never late. hes always on time.

hugs sixtyslady
  11. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so pleased to see that you are feeling better today!

Love.....Mari
  12. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

when you see the power of prayer working.Happy that you are feeling better.linda
  13. windblade

windblade Active Member

Please pray for me some more - I had one day free of depression, but it came back the next day. It's a bad time to be in such a heavy, unrelenting depression because my therapist is on vacation for 3 weeks.

I have been on anti- depressants for 15 years now. But my psychiatrist has told me that no amount of medication can completely take away the pain from growing up with severe prolonged childhood abuse.

I am on 3 medications altogether for emotional pain relief.

Because I have post-traumatic- stress- disorder practically from birth, this has been a life-long suffering that I keep trying to heal from.

I haven't been able to communicate here, the depression has been so bad. That's unusual for me.

So ,please, dear friends, keep praying. I am just inching my way along - trying to get through this time.

I keep holding on to God's promises, but will be glad when I have some relief from it all.

Love, Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/31/2006]
  14. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Dear... I will ceratinly be praying for relief. I can relate to such a place that you are feeling now.
    But, try to hold on and find something that can relax your mind....if possible.

When my body will let me... and I can slowly walk. I go outside and walk..or, even find a quiet place outside and talk to God out there. It helps.

I am holding you up.

Love....Mari
  15. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dear Judy

I will be praying for you. I am so sorry that you are going through this.

Keep holding on to God and know that we are all here for you

May God Bless you

kgangel
  16. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Dear sweet friend,

You were in my thoughts yesterday and then I find this post so it was meant to be.

I can feel what you are going through. Each day when you wake up and you don't get any relief from the pain it can feel like a nightmare or a fog you just can't get out of.

Honey, I am so sorry! I know this is a hard time for you and I want you to know that you are in MY PRAYERS!!!!!

I will continue to think about you and check in on the board to see how you are in a day or so.

You hang in there! I know that is such a cliche' thing to say but I mean it! You are a strong woman and I know you will make it through this tough time!

((((((((GIANT HUGS))))))))

kate
  17. KittyCare

KittyCare New Member

Dear Judy,
    I am so sorry that you are having to go threw this. We all really care about you. You will be in my daily thoughts and prayers. Here is a BIG SOFT (((HUG))) God bless you
    Kittycare
  18. KittyCare

KittyCare New Member

Dear Judy,
    How are you doing? I hope a little better. We all care and love you. You are a wonderful and caring person. Just always remember that God loves you very much and will never leave you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love and Hugs

Kittycare
  19. KittyCare

KittyCare New Member

Dear Judy,
    I was happy to do post the prayer reminder. :) If it would help you I could post the reminder for a few weeks or until you feel able to. I would be happy to help you in any way I can. I have be thinking and praying for you alot lately. I am praying that you get relief soon. Remember that we all care about you and are here for you anytime you need us. God Bless You

Kittycare
  20. windblade

windblade Active Member

To all my beloved faith family, thank you for all of your faithful prayers! It means so much to me - all of your caring!
    I've been able to cope by reading - almost a book a day, and by sleeping a lot. Short term survival mechanism until my therapist gets back. Then I will make an emergency appointment.

Last week I wasn't able to pray here on prayer night, but tonight I can, so that's good.

Thank you all for being such special gifts of God!
    Love, Judy

[This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]