Asking for prayers today

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Jun 11, 2007.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

As most of you know, my hubby has been looking for a job ever since he retired 5 yrs ago. All he has been able to find is some freelance work that does not pay the bills. We are on the verge of financial ruin if he does not find something soon.

He was offered a job today and I am hoping that you will all pray that nothing goes wrong with this. We have been through this so many times before that I am afraid to be hopeful.

But I do know the power of the prayers on this board and am begging you to pray that this comes to pass. It may only be a summer relief job and there are no benefits but the pay is good and who knows it might lead to something full time.

Thank you all.
    Love, Pepper
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

Praise the Lord he was finally offered a job and I will be praying that God will place him there and help him to prosper in that position and that it lead to something permanent. Thanks for letting us know what's going on with the job search. He's in my prayer journal and I'm praying now also.

Take Care
    Nancy
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

It is scary when the hubby is looking for work. I pray that this job is the turning point for your family. Soft hugs, Joy
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

Nancy, Joy and Pam. Unfortunately the job turned out not to be a job at all. The guy that my DH met just wanted his resume (which he emailed) and said that he would let him know if anything came up. I don't know if this was my DH being hopeful or just not understanding because of his ADD or what.

I am devastated by this. But I would appreciate your prayers that he find a job somewhere.

Thank you.

Love, Pepper
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Know that I will be prayin, prayin, prayin!!!!!!

Love
    Nancy
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I appreciate all your prayers.

Love, Pepper
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

My hubby just got an email from someone who is interested in meeting him for coffee. He sent her an email a week ago and heard nothing so he assumed she wasn't interested. But maybe she is!!!

Please pray. This would be a perfect job for my hubby.

Love, Pepper
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers. This new job that he is applying for tomorrow looks promising. It would be with an agency that helps people around the world and that is what he would love to do with the rest of his life.

Please God that something happens here.

Love, Pepper
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

I will keep you posted!

Love, Pepper
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

Yes, we have considered moving. If we move out west, there are lots of jobs but no support for me and my CFS. We cannot afford to keep 2 houses unless a really good paying job comes up.

We could move 2 1/2 hrs away but I would lose my ND who does treatments on me that few people in the world are trained to do and they are helping so much!

We also learned a difficult lesson in the past 3 yrs. My sister and BIL moved to their dream home in the country, an hour away from us. We begged her not to go since they aren't getting any younger and if they get sick, my other sister and I just aren't able to drive out and give her a hand.

They were both fairly healthy at the time and dismissed our concerns. But wouldn't you know they have had terrible health issues since they moved there and we were not there for our sister. They have now put their dream house up for sale and are moving back to the city. The main reason is to be near us and our support.

I don't want to move away from my support. I have lived here all my life and I am pushing 60. I can't find practitioners to do what my ND and CFS docs do for me. If something serious happens, I will want my sisters and my boys close.

We had thought of having my husband get a job 2 1/2 hrs away and drive home on weekends. That may be an answer he is not happy with but would solve a lot of our problems.

I do believe that "there is a light at the end of this tunnel"...... Please keep praying that a solution for this comes along soon.

I appreciate your prayers so much, tiggy.
    Love, Pepper