Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ggks, May 27, 2009.

1. ggks

ggks New Member

Has anyone ever tried asparagus for their fibro? Information was sent to me by my niece. According to the article thats quite long, you use the long, canned asparagus and run it thru the blender to make a puree. Keep in the refrigerater. Take two tablespoons in the morning and two tablespoons in the evening.
    This is what I am doing but the taste is not to my liking. I am wondering how to make it taste better. I doubt very much if the asparagus will hurt you. (probably is good for you) It didn't say how long a person should take it, so I guess I'ts by trial and error. Maybe if it doesn't help the fibro it will help something else. ggks
  2. znewby

znewby Member

Asparagus is high in glutathione. Read this article
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I've been eating tons of asparagus this spring including yummy asparagus soup. I hadn't heard that it could help with pain though. It hasn't helped me a bit I'm sorry to say.
  4. cynicaldog

cynicaldog New Member

Is there any reason you can't eat fresh asparagus instead of that mushy canned stuff?! I would think that fresh would have more of everything good for you than the canned would, especially because the canned always seems to be overcooked. I'd try a couple of spears of the fresh stuff, and perhaps lightly steam it. It's even good cold. Here's my irrelevant anecdote for the day: I once had dinner cooked for me by the American envoy to the king of Spain, and one of the things he served was chilled asparagus with a dip (something like mayo, but fancier). If it's good enough for Spain, well, who's to argue?

I looooove asparagus, so thank you for this thread. We just got a gift certificate for Whole Foods, so tomorrow we're going to go use it and among other things, we'll get some asparagus (and swiss cheese, for a nice omelette). I'm obviously hungry...